chapter twenty four: execution

"Raven?" Harry nudged his twin as they sat outside in the courtyard. The wind blew fairly harsh, but the temperature was nice. It was pretty warm, but not too warm.

    "Hm?" The taller twin hummed in response.

   "What is it your not telling me?" Harry asked seriously as Raven closed his book, marking the page with a dog-ear fold.

    "What do you mean?" Raven played dumb, looking at Harry like he didn't know what he was asking about.

    "Don't play dumb with me. I've known you the longest out of anyone. Hell, I knew you before we were both born!"

    "Alright, alright..." Raven waved his hands around. He sighed deeply, and prepared to explain himself to his twin.

   •  •  •

    "YOU DID WHAT!?" Harry shouted, causing his twin to jump.

    Raven gulped visibly, and opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by a slap across the face. He groaned.

    "Bloody hell...well, I probably deserved that-" Raven was cut off by Harry grabbing him in an embrace. He wasn't expecting Harry to react like this, but Harry was just as upset, if not more so than he thought.

    "Talk to me next time...idiot Raven...don't lie to me when I ask if your really happy." Harry said, his voice sort of muffled by Raven's shoulder.

     "Alright...Harry." Raven replied. After the two let go of eachother, they heard Hermione calling out for them, she had just gotten to the courtyard in a bit of a rush.

    "Harry! Raven!" She called out, almost out of breath. Her curly bangs sort of stuck to her for head, covered in sweat and she breathed heavily.

    "What's wrong?" Harry asked, as Raven shoved his book back into his bag, and untied his tie, in attempts to make his uniform more comfortable. His white collared shirt had the tip few buttons undone as well, and he didn't wear his robes.

    "It's buck beak...he's being sentenced to death."