chapter thirteen: Proffesor Lupin

Finally, on the train back to both of the Potter twins favorite place. Hogwarts. Harry discussed with Ron and Hermione, while Raven stuck his head back in a book, sitting next to one of the teachers that Hermione had discovered was named 'Remus Lupin.' Who was asleep by the window.

Raven payed no mind to anyone in the compartment as he jotted down notes in his notebook, and read through some of the pages in his book.

"Raven!" Yelled Harry, snapping his twin out of the book.

"What?" Raven asked, setting a sheet of paper in the book and putting it down.

"Were you listening? We were talking about the fact that you share the same name as a mass murderer." Harry said. His twin brother punched the bridge of his nose, making a humming noise, then sticking his head back up.

    "It could just be a coincidence?" Raven shrugged.

   "But what if it's not?" Harry asked.

    "Are you suggesting that one, or both of our parents were good friends with this Sirius Black?" Raven asked, raising a brow.

    "Well no, but it's possible Raven."

Raven sighed, sliding his books and notes and papers away.

     "Harry, I'm sure our parents were good people I mean, but...I guess you might be right, they may have known this Sirius Black, maybe even were good friends with him." Raven said, more calmly than his voice before.

    "Yeah...but you might also be right I guess, it could be merely coincidence that you share the same name."

   "Does that make me evil Harry?" Raven asked, his voice wavering on concern and worry.

     "No of course not. It's just a name sake Raven. Your a good wizard. A bright one at that." Harry said, noticing his twins strange behavior. Raven smiled a bit, at his twin and his friends. Suddenly the train stopped.

    "What's going on?" Hermione asked.

    "I dunno." Harry answered.

    Raven peered outside the compartment as the door slid open. There seemed to be a cold breeze however, sending a chill up Raven's spine. Causing his teeth to chatter.

     The lights then went out, causing Hermione to scold Ron for stepping on her foot. Ron was busy putting his hands all over the window.

    "There's something moving out there." He said worriedly. Raven looked at Harry, then back at Ron.

    "Did you see what it was?" Raven asked. Before Ron could answer, the train shook. Causing the four to jump slightly. It shook again, only harder this time.

   "Bloody hell! What's happening!?" Ron yelled in fear.

   Then suddenly, a dark shadow made its was to the compartment door, opening it with it's long, skinny, dark fingers. It entered the compartment. It was a ghost or ghoul like figure that looked as if it was covered in a black cloak. It didn't look to have a face, and it was coming closer to Raven and Harry. Harry grabbed his brother's arm, gripping it tightly, and Raven scooted closer to him.

   The creature turned directly towards Raven, staring deeply at him even without eyes. Then suddenly, it seemed Raven's face or soul was being sucked out of him. Harry tried to pull his twin out of the way of the creature, but it seemed to be attached to Raven.

   Just then, the Professor Lupin that had been sleeping by the window, got up and extended his wand at the creature. A bright light coming from his wand. Repelling the creature back, out the door. Raven suddenly heard a screaming. He turned to Harry, who looked as if he had heard it too. Before Raven blacked out.

  • • •

   "Raven...Raven!" The darker haired potter twin felt Harry shaking his arm.
He opened his bright green eyes, sitting up in the seat and rubbing his throbbing head.

    "You ok?" Hermione asked. Raven nodded slightly. In front of him was the professor who had defended them from the dark creature.

   "Here, eat this it'll help." He extended his hand, giving Raven a piece of chocolate. He turned to Harry who was also eating some, and accepted the offer from Professor Lupin.

    "Thanks." He mumbled.

   "What was that thing?" Asked Harry.

    "It was a dementor, one of the guards of azkaban. It's gone now. It was searching the train for Sirius Black." Lupin answered.

   Raven swallowed the last bite of his chocolate.

   "Is that why it went after me?" He asked. Causing the professor to raise an eyebrow at him.

   "Oh, his middle name. It's Sirius. Do you think they knew that?" Harry asked, gesturing to his twin.

  "I'm not sure." The professor scratched his head. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to have a little word with the driver." He said getting up and leaving the compartment.

   "Did any of you..pass out?" Raven asked, leaning back in his seat, his twin nodded.

   "No..it felt weird though...like I'd never be cheerful again." Ron admitted.

    "Someone was screaming...a woman." Harry said.

   "I heard it too." Raven said, causing Hermione to look at them both weirdly.

  "No one was screaming." She said.

   Raven and Harry both looked at eachother strangely.

   Soon enough, the students arrived at Hogwarts. But this didn't settle the potter twins wariness.