chapter forty three - voldemort

Voldemort looked down at Pettigrew, who was now dead. He chuckled darkly.

"Pity." He said, turning his gaze over to Raven Potter.

"I'd almost forgotten you two were here." He said. "And Raven Potter, I have to say I'm very impressed."

"Shut up.." Raven mumbled.

"What was that? Surely you've been taught manners.." Voldemort said. He released Harry who fell down to the ground on his knees.

"Get up Harry!" Voldemort yelled.

"It's your fault..." Raven seethed. He looked Tom Riddle dead in the eyes.

"That's it young Potter..that's it. Let the hate fill you up, consume you.. just like it did when you killed wormtail."

"Don't listen to him Raven! You're a good wizard. You still are, you just made a mistake." Harry pleaded with his twin.

Raven wanted to make Voldemort pay. Just like how he'd made Pettigrew pay. But the word 'killed' that Voldemort had used to describe what Raven did to Peter, stung Raven deep in his heart. His chest sank down to his stomach. He knew what he'd done. He'd taken a life. He could never go back from that.

Raven couldn't speak.

"You know you want to feel that again. That feeling of power when you kill." Tom said.

"Shut up!" Harry yelled, aiming his wand at Voldemort.

Suddenly red and green light clashed, as Harry and Voldemort went head to head.

Raven quickly joined them. His black and white sparks flying from his wand, joining Harry's beam of light against Voldemort's green one.

The power levels in the graveyard went haywire. The three wizards were giving it their all, pouring their heart and soul into the fight.

"Raven, Harry..." Came a voice out of nowhere. It was James Potter.

"Boys, you're ready."  Lily's voice said.

The ghosts surrounded the twins, and supported them through this.

"Please, take my body back." Cedric's ghost pleaded.

Harry nodded.

Raven groaned, giving all his power.

"Let go." Lily Potter said.

"LET GO."

All of the sudden, an energy blast, stronger than anything any of the wizards had felt before, surrounded them, knocking back all three of them, and causing the death eaters all to shield their eyes.

"Harry.." Raven said weakly, crawling over to his brother.

"Raven." Harry said.

"Harry you have to go back with Cedric." Raven instructed.

"Raven you're crazy if you think I'm leaving you here."

"Listen Harry. I've performed the killing curse. That's illegal. I'm wanted by the ministry now just like any other dark wizard."

Harry tried to speak but his voice cracked with tears. He sniffed.

"Raven please." He began to cry.

Raven's heart was breaking.

"Harry you have to go.." Raven held back his own tears. He didn't want to leave, but he had to.

Harry hugged his twin with all of his might as he cried.

"Please, please tell me you'll come back." He pleaded.

"I'll see you again some day Harry. That's a promise. Now go!!"

Harry made his way over to Cedric, and the Portkey, and disappeared.

Raven apparated back to his dorm at the school.

"Jinx, we have to get out of here." Raven called to the black cat.

"Meow?"

Raven gathered a few of his important belongings in a bag, and picked up his cat.

"We have to go." He said.

"Goodbye Hogwarts."

He then apparated once more.