chapter thirty three: the manor

Before getting on the train, Raven had said goodbye to his godfather, who wasn't returning to Hogwarts. He'd talked to him pretty much that whole afternoon before the train ride. Raven knew he'd be able to visit him soon though, along with Sirius. He'd promised to write too.

    It was kind of dark outside as Raven and Draco sat in a closed compartment. It was quiet, and the only thing that could be heard was both of their breathing.

     Raven laid on Draco, while the blonde had a book open, and was reading.

     Raven's eyes were closed, and his breathing was quiet. He seemed to be sleeping but, he couldn't fall asleep. There was too much on his mind.

    "Draco.." he said, barely above a whisper.

    "What is it?" The Malfoy replied.

     "Have you ever heard..of a Horcrux?" Raven asked, opening his eyes a little bit.

     "A...what?" Draco inquired.

    "Nevermind.." Raven mumbled, closing his eyes again.

      For the rest of the train ride, it remained silent. Not an awkward silence, but a comfortable one.

   •   •   •

    Draco was successful in sneaking Raven into the manor thanks to the invisibility cloak, and Raven laid on Draco's bed, staring at the ceiling while Draco got changed.

    "This place is huge Draco." Raven said, yawning.

    "Mhm." Draco hummed, pulling off his white collared shirt.

     Raven got up and opened his trunk, pulling out some of his clothes and begining to change as well.

   After the two of them got changed, they stayed up for a while, talking. Something they hadn't done enough of on the train.

     And let's just say, the two of them had a fun summer ;)

  A/n: Sorry for short chapter, also I would write more about their summer but I gotta get back to the story line so sorry if this felt kind of rushed.

    But the next chapter will be a time skip to the quidditch game before 4th year, so yeah.