I'LL SEE YOU SOON

Emma's POV:

Ed leaned against the seat, sleeping upright with arms crossed. How is it even possible to sleep like that?

"Wakie wakie Eddie," I sing as I unbuckle my seatbelt.

On hearing me sing, he stirs awake. "We are here already?" he mutters raspily, checking his watch. His eyes widen.

"Don't tell me you drove so fast."

"I might have," I shrug. Ed shakes his head, too tired to get upset with my rash driving. He stretches his arms up as he simultaneously cracks his neck. His tense muscles visibly relaxes. He brings his hand down and stifles his yawn with the back of his hand.

Gosh, my husband.

When Ed notices my unusually long stare, he raises his eyebrow. I place my hand against my Edward's cheek, smiling tenderly. Edward smiles back but his eyes are pulled together in confusion at my sudden display of emotion.

"Edward?"

"Hm?"

"My darling husband, the most handsome, the love of my life, the father of my kids-"

"I understand you want something from me. What is it?"

I feign a surprise. "What? Am I not supposed to appreciate my husband?"

"Of course you can. But I know you well enough that you're not superfluous with words."

I smile cheekily. "Carry me, will you?"

Edward lifts a mocking eyebrow. "If my memory serves me right, I remember you rejecting me from carrying you after our wedding because of your feminism."

"I don't remember. Carry me, Eddie-buddy."

Edward glares at me in mock anger. "After that comment, I don't think I will."

"Hey!" I call after him but he already left the car. I let out a frustrated sigh as I unbuckle my seat belt and step out.

Men. Unbelievable creatures.

Before I could stand straight, I am swept off my feet. Literally.

"Eddie-buddy?"

"I will drop you, Emma."

I try to hide my smile as I poke him on his face. "And I would drag you down with me."

"Stop flirting, Eighteen. Doesn't suit your demeanor."

I make a face and slap his chest. Edward chuckles before setting me back on my feet when we are inside our home. I peck him before navigating towards the left side of my home.

"You're going into the lab?" Ed asks as he walks towards me.

"I uh, yeah. I want to make a gift for Elena," Technically that's a truth. I wanted to surprise her but I also want to hide the coordinates somewhere. Ever since that hijacker called me out, I wasn't feeling right about the whole situation. I better tell Ed about it.

"Remember I lied to my father about the coordinates," I bring up the topic slowly. After returning home, we completely forgot about this coordinates.

I see gears turn in Ed's brain as he nods in return, "Yeah, I was about to ask you that. Where are the coordinates?"

"Safe, for now. I guess we are gonna have a long conversation about that. Maybe tomorrow, I want to concentrate on Elena for today," I say.

"Right. I'll let your dad know that we reached home," he says pulling out his phone and walking the other way.