15. YOU WERE SAYING?

Agent Eighteen's POV:

"You need to leave."

I tighten my hold on the steering wheel, my knuckles turning white. I make a swift turn left towards the highway.

"N-No...I am not leaving.....Not without you."

I make a series of turns exceeding the speed limit. My eyes blood shot and I clench my teeth to control my emotions.

"You have to princess...please."

I run past the traffic light narrowly missed by being hit by a car. I hear sirens of squad car following me. I hasten the speed of the car.

"I can't....I need you."

A cop car blocks my path, I swerve the car and drive it to the other way.

"LEAVE."

Three cop cars block my way. I have no other option than to stop the car.

"NO."

I place my hand on my ears to shut out the memory from resurfacing. I hear a cop knock my window. I recompose myself.

I roll my window down and glare at the cop.

"Miss, you have been driving beyond the speed limit and ignored the calls of the cops. Do you know that we can arrest you for it?" he asks mockingly. I smirk in return.

This dude has no idea who I am.

"Miss? Get out of your car. It's better you cooperate or else we would need to force-"

I cut him off by flashing my batch. His eyes widen in fear.

"You were saying?" I mock him with a raised eyebrow.

"Umm....uh...I....I apologize ma'am. I didn't know that you are-"

"Apology accepted. Now I prefer my way to be cleared," I say in an authoritative tone.

"Sure ma'am," he says and runs back to his team asking them to clear the path.

I turn on the ignition and drive back to the mansion. Half way through my drive, I heard my phone ring. I turn around to look at the caller ID.

Ben.

"Accept," I say through my Bluetooth.

"What is it Ben?"

"Hello to you too. Where are you? Are you okay? It's been an hour, where did you go?"

"Calm down buddy. I am on my way back to the mansion."

"Oh...Alright...Alex asked you to drive safe."

"I told you not to say my name," Alex grumbles.

I sigh. "Can you pass the phone to Alex?" I ask. I still got to apologize for my earlier conduct.

"El?" he asks.

"Alex," I say.

"Are you alright?" he questions anxiously.

"I am. Uh....Alex, about our earlier conversation...I shouldn't have said those things to you. It wasn't your fault. I was mad and took out my frustration on you. I really am sor-" before I could complete the sentence, a truck smash into my side making my car skew across the track and hit the lamp post.

"AH!"

"EL!! What was that?" I hear Alex scream on the other side.

I grunt in pain as I hit my head on the dashboard.

"El, speak to me. What's happening?!!" I hear Alex freaking out.

My eyes could barely examine the surrounding. I quickly wipe the blood off my forehead with the back of my hand. I look at the rearview in search of the truck but I don't see any.

"Alex..." I whisper.

"Eight-wh-is-say-th-me-" I couldn't make out what Alex was saying.

"Call ended due to communication array being damaged," I hear a robotic voice.

"Activate autopilot," I say to the AI. I could barely recognize the surroundings and I don't prefer to drive into the gutter.

"Autopilot systems are damaged."

I let out a frustrated sigh and take the wheel. I hope there are no more surprise attacks left for today.

I couldn't drive well as all I could see is double.

Concussion confirmed.

The mansion wasn't far away. I drove for twenty more minutes before pulling up to our driveway. I could barely make out the surroundings. My head is pounding as if someone is hitting my head continuously with a pan.

I quickly unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of the car. I place my hand over my head hoping it would stop spinning. I place my other hand on the hood of my car to prevent myself from falling face down. I take slow unsteady steps towards the front door. After few minutes which felt like an eternity, I reach the door and ring the bell. I have no strength left to insert the password. I heard a thudding footsteps approaching on the other side. My vision went completely hazy. The last thing I heard is someone call me out before everything went dark.