ONE LAST TIME

Emma's POV:

I wake up with a jolt when I hear a huge blast.

What was that?

Elena wakes up, who was sleeping right beside me, with an afraid cry when she heard the blast.

I quickly jump off the bed and grab my phone to check the cameras. I almost stumble back when I see at least twenty masked men with weapons break in to my house and my front door is completely busted.

Oh no. This can't be happening.

I am not worried about me. I've been through this situation tons of time but I never had my children involved in it.

I instantly get out of my panic and run into my closet. I rapidly type the set of numbers and grab hold of my guns. Elena sat on the bed with a confused look.

"Mommy, what's happening?" she asked in a petrified tone.

"It's nothing. Don't worry. Just grab hold of Ben quickly."

She follows my direction without a question. I grab hold of my earpiece and call Edward.

"Pick up," I whisper yell, running my hand through my hair almost pulling it out of my scalp. This is all a trap. They purposely created a distraction so Edward could leave.

"Emma?"

I sigh in relief. "Edward, get back home right now," I say into the earpiece, sounding agitated. I check the cameras again to see many running into my house.

Should I initiate lockdown?

No, I can't do that. I have to get the kids out of here and initiating lockdown would do no help when they are already in.

"What do you mean?" Ed asks, confusion lasing his voice.

Before I could reply, another blast resonated around the house. The ground beneath me started shaking.

"Emma? Emma!! What was that?" I hear Ed say as his car screeches stop.

"They are here. They are attacking our home," I say, my voice clearly depicting how scared I am. Ed catches on to my tone before muttering few words as I hear the car swirling.

"Get out of the house."

I nod, then I realise he isn't in front of me. I mutter a small yes and grab hold of Ben and Elena.

"Stay here," I say to Elena, placing Ben's tinny hand in hers, my actions asking her to hold Ben. She nods twice, trying to put on a brave look. But her shaky hands says otherwise.

"You both will be fine," I say and slowly step out of the room and close it behind me. My hawk eyes check if anyone made it up to the floor but I see not a single person yet. I peer down to see few running towards the stairs.

Well, they asked for a war. So be it.

In one swift move I unlock the safety and rain bullets on them. Eight bullets. Eight headshot. Just can't seem to miss.

I run back into the room to see Elena and Ben standing where I left them. "Stay behind me. Don't look anywhere and just keep moving. Alright," I say, my voice so stern that made Elena to nod immediately. If I were in her place, I would be asking thousands of questions.

Another blast.

"Emma? What's happening?"

"They have set detonators," I motion Elena to follow me and she does, still clutching Ben's hand, "I am trying to leave the house, but they are too many of them."