39. I MADE MY CHOICE.

Eighteen's POV:

With a loud roar, the door opened. The killers looked up with a smug look. In spite of being beaten up by chief, Antonio still had his smirk on his face. Meghan was fine as I ordered them not to hurt her. Though she betrayed me and helped Antonio to kill my mum, she is still Alex's sister and was my friend. So, I couldn't make myself to inflict her with pain.

"Look who we have here Papa," Meghan gleams with a villainous smile.

I walk in with my team in tow. I stand in front of them with my hands crossed.

"Are we leaving somewhere guys? On a field trip or something?" Meghan wondered.

"Not really. This trip is gonna be little more interesting than a field trip. How does the central prison sound?" I hinted.

"Sounds like home," Meghan shrugs still with her wrist bound to the chair. I glare at her venomously.

"You seriously think you can take us to prison so easily?" Antonio speaks up, "My men are still out there waiting to slaughter you for getting hold of their boss," he relaxes his shoulders and leans back comfortably and continues, "It took you nineteen years to get hold of me and it would take me a minute to escape."

"Nineteen years, five months and ten days," I declare as I glare at him, "And yes, you aren't escaping. Not on my watch."

Antonio laughs loudly in return as I glare daggers at him. "Vedremo."

"Chief is asking us to get the prisoners to the van-" Ben walks in with his phone and looks up to meet Meghan's smug face.

"I see you're not dead yet. Must have shot you twice," Meghan says maliciously.

"Yeah. Better luck next time," he says and walks forward, "How was your stay here? Had fun? I hope the chair wasn't too uncomfortable, was it?" he mocked with a mischievous smile. Meghan glared at him and didn't retort anything back.

"No? Maybe the central prison would be a lot better than here," he mocks again and fixes his eyes at Antonio.

"Congratulations on the end of your reign," Ben states vengefully before leaving the room.

We quickly got Meghan and Antonio to the prisoners van and cuffed them. I walk towards chief with Alex, Liam and few other agents in tow.

"We are leaving," I state blankly. He nods in return. Chief isn't coming with us as he decided to stay back at the agency with Ben. Jen decided to stay back too.

"Careful," he replies in return. We salute and walk towards our cars. I take the wheel and get the engine started. Alex buckles up beside me.

There are two cars in front of the van, two on the either side of it, and two following behind, one in which was mine.

After forty minutes, we hit the highway. Everything was moving smoothly untill I noticed a two black SUVs following us.

"They are following us," I state and get hold of my comms. "Agents, hit the gas," I say and the next second we were racing down the highway. The cars who were tailing behind us understood that their cover is blown, as they started to match our speed.

The car behind me, all of a sudden blew up in flames. I look through the rear view the SUV gaining on us.

"Open fire!!" I order all the agents, apart from the one driving, started raining shots on the SUVs. Both the SUVs blew up in flames as I  smiled victoriously. But it was cut short as my eyes widen in shock as I looked up at the sky.

A jet.

It pointed the inbuilt rocket projector at the cars in front of the van. It fired, as the agency cars burst in flames. The sudden stop of the prisoners van gave me no time to switch the lane.

I swerve the car to the other side to evade the collision but it resulted in me knocking into the side of the road and toppling over.

I grumble incoherent sentence as I try to unbuckle my seatbelt. I click it again and again, but it's not working. I get frustrated and tug the seatbelt harder but it stays jammed. I let out a huff and look to my front to see the jet landing as the gangsters walk out and few other agents fighting them off.

I noticed that Alex grunt and push open the door and roll out of the car.

"Alex, my seatbelt is stuck. I might need a hand," I say but when I turn towards him, I see hesitation in his eyes.

"What?" I question but he looks towards the van then turns back towards me.

"My sister means a lot to me," he states. My eyes widen when my mind registers his words.

No...

"What are you saying?" I whisper, hurt evident in my tone.

"I am sorry but I can't let my sister be behind the bars," he says dryly. I blink trying to comprehend if it's a nightmare or real.

"So, you're gonna help Meghan and Antonio to escape," I don't ask. I state, clearly reading his eyes. He nods.

Hurt gets changed into some other emotion which I gladly welcome.

Anger.

I tug the belt harder hoping it would snap open.

"You were the last person I expected to get betrayed on," I hiss in anger.

He shrugs. "I can't help. I made my choice."

With that, he gets up from his kneeling position and walks towards the van. He throws open the door and steps in.

I clench my teeth as I see Meghan jump out of the van and stretches her hand before massaging her wrist. Antonio soon followed the daughter by jumping out of the van with a complacent look. Lastly, Alex jumps out and walks towards Antonio.

He says something gleefully at him as Antonio pats his shoulder proudly. Meghan joins the conversation and says something that made all of them roar in laughter. Alex says something with a permanent smile and lifts his hand up and motions towards the jet. I guess he is asking a gangster to get the jet started. Antonio and Meghan walks towards the jet as Alex follows them.

I got so infuriated, that I tugged the seatbelt ten times harder than before, which made it snap out of the retractor. I kick open the door and push my legs to catch up with them.

"Alex!!" I yell and run towards him. Just as he turns around, I bring my knee to his side, as he doubles over. He coughs and recovers quickly.

"No one gets to walk out just like that after backstabbing me," I growl and deliver a roundhouse kick. He grunts and walks towards me.

"You made me do this," with that there was a wrestling match.

He brings his fist to my face, as I get hold of it and with a quick movement, twist it painfully behind his back. He kicks out his leg and gets my shins. I go crashing down and wince when my head contacts with the ground.

"Stay down. Last warning," he growls and wipes the blood of his cut cheek.

"Not happening," I retort back with so much hatred. I swipe my legs as he hits the ground as I get back on my feet.

"I should have never trusted you. You were-" I get cut off as a bullet goes off, soon followed by a intolerable sharp pain spreading through my torso.

I place my hand on my side and fall on my knees as Meghan walks casually towards Alex and grants her hand for help. He gets back on his feet, still with a smug face, walks with his sister towards the jet.

I clench my teeth against the pain and get back on feet to see the jet has already taken off.