23. THAT'S A LONG STORY.

Eighteen's POV:

"What do you call a dinosaur that's sleeping?"

Silence.

"It's a dino-snore," Ben says already laughing at his own joke. Everyone stares at him without uttering a single sentence. Never in my whole life had I heard such a lame joke. I roll my eyes and turn my attention back to my plate.

"What? Wasn't it funny?" he asks with a mock hurt in his tone.

"Oh yeah. Totally. I almost died out of laughter," Liam bites back sarcastically.

"Really! I have another on my mind," he says with a devilish smile.

"Nope. I don't think I can handle anymore," Meghan exclaims as she throws a piece of broccoli at him. He dodges it effortlessly.

We were all back at the mansion having dinner and Ben decided to torture us with his lame jokes. But one good news, Katherine decided to trust us as we saved her from those gangsters. My thoughts get cut off as Ben asks another question.

"What did the left eye say to the right eye?" he asks ignoring everyone's plead.

"I don't give a damn about the eye as for right now my ears are screaming for you to shut up," Liam exclaims pointing his fork towards Ben.

"Don't be so rude. Try to answer the question."

We all stay silent as we know he will eventually answer by himself.

"It's between us something smells," he says pointing towards his nose.

Everyone in the room rolls their eyes except for Katherine. "That was a good one," she says with a chuckle.

"Finally....Someone appreciates my talent," he states happily.

"You call that a talent?" Liam questions with a raised eyebrow. Ben...ignores him.

"I have another one. What happens when you feed gun powder to a chicken?" he quizzes.

"It dies," Noah says.

"Noooo... There would be an eggs-plosion," he laughs loudly. Katherine and Noah laughs on his non-existing humor.

"I have another-" he gets cut off as Meghan, Liam and Jen decided to assault him with broccolis

"Alright alright. I'll stop," he says with his hands up in surrender. Everyone gets back to munch their food peacefully until...

"Eighteen, How did you know Maria's real name and how did she know about you?" Ben asks with his mouth filled with food. Some of it spilling out as he speaks.

"First off, don't speak while munching and secondly, I did some digging and got to know her real name but I still don't know how she knows so well about me," I turn towards Katherine, " Care to explain?"

"Well, that's a long story..." she trails off.

"I've got time," I say in monotone.

She lets out a sigh and places her fork down. "I lived in my forester home after my parents passed away. I had great passion towards tech and gadgets. I don't know how, the gang got to know about it and decided to bring me in. I was barely eight but I knew how computer works more than a professional does. They gave me information and I hacked it for them. They paid me well and provided everything I wanted so I didn't really had any problem. But as the days passed on, there was something in me told that these weren't good guys. I finally decided to hack into their own systems and got to know their true colors. I waited for the perfect opportunity and cleared off everything and ran away to find a hideout in America," she completes with a resigned sigh with tears almost brimming her eyes.

"Look Jen. You got a great competition," Ben says wiggling his eyebrows. She glares at him then turn her quizzing gaze towards Katherine.

"But how did you know about eighteen?" Jen asks the same question that was at the back of my mind.

"When I was young, the whole gang were on a huge mission. A mission to kill millions. The due date to initiate launch was near when suddenly agent eighteen showed up with her partner and stole the coordinates and destroyed the whole warehouse. The missile can be only launched if they have the coordinates and no one except agent eighteen knew about it. The gang went furious as one big mission they had been working on for decades failed," Katherine stated.

I clenched my palm tightly almost drawing blood. I don't look up at anyone and keep my eyes down. By now my eyes would have darkened enough to scare anyone in this room.

"Wait, you said when you were young right? Then how would that be possible for eighteen to go for the mission? She wouldn't even be qualified back then," Meghan states the fact.

Katherine doesn't answer her question. Everyone looks at me expecting me to say something. So, I finally decided to break the silence.

"I wasn't the only agent eighteen," I say still with my gaze down.

"Who else?" Meghan questions slowly.

I finally lift my head up with fiery eyes.

"Emma Sterling, my mother."