41. IT'S EIGHTEEN.

Eighteen's POV:

"Hard way it is then," chief states.

Someone comes up and stands beside me. Before I could turn around, I hear him speak.

"Shall I say Avengers Assemble?" he jested. My eyes widen as I looked at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a horrified tone.

"I am here to fight. Why else would I be here?" he says, still with a mischievous smile.

"You're still recovering Ben. Does chief know about your presence?" I interrogated as I turned to see chief speaking or more like yelling at Antonio.

"Shush. Dad doesn't know about it. But he would've guessed by now that his son is not the one to back down," he says triumphantly as I roll my eyes.

I glance back at chief as he came to a conclusion to attack them as none of them seem to faze by his anger.

I set myself ready to attack on chief's order. I don't have to turn back to know all the other agents are setting themselves ready just like me. I clench my fist with deadly gleam.

"That was your last chance and you chose the wrong choice. Pay for it," chief says, fuming in anger.

"I am not the one who is gonna pay Edward. It's you. You will lose...Again," he says with a wicked smirk.

I glare lasers at Antonio. I notice chief clench his hand on the word 'again'.

Wrong move.

Chief is not the one to play around with. If his usual calm demeanor is replaced with anger, then you're dead. Without any indication, chief barked the order.

"Fire!"

That was all needed for me. With a lightening speed, we ran towards the gangsters.

"Charge," I hear Antonio scream at his men. They rush forward just like us.

Then, there was a complete battlefield and bloodshed around me.

I have to get Antonio cuz he is my target. I see five men charge at me. I get hold of the first guy's wrist and twist it around. I hear a sickening crack as he let's go of his knife. I grab the knife and stab the other guy who tried to attack me. He cries out and goes crashing down on the ground. I grab my knife and throw it in the air. It hits my target as he joins his teammates on the ground.

The other guy pounces at me as I side stepped him and brought my elbow onto is back soon accompanied by a knee to his face.

I grab hold of my gun and start shooting at the gangsters. A complete chaos breaks out as the agents rain bullets on them. Jen isn't here but she is still keeping tabs to make sure not even a single gangster gets to escape.

I notice Jessica take continuous shots. A gangsters dodges her shots and run towards her. I see her press the trigger but she had no bullets left. She uses the gun and brings her hand down on the side of his head. He fell down dead. My eyes widen when a gangster, out of nowhere, kicked her from behind. She fell face down.

I don't think twice and raise my gun to shoot him. There was a gunshot though it wasn't me who fired. The gangster cried out holding his torso in pain. Jayden walks forward and throws a swift kick on his chest. The guy falls face down.

Jayden turns around with a smirk as Jessica rolls her eyes.

"What were you searching for on the ground?" he mocks.

"Oh you know. I just saw a reptile that looked pretty much like you. Must kill it before it escapes," Jessica mocks back as Jayden glares at her.

"You will definitely get killed if you don't get back on your feet, insect."

Jess mirrored a look of astonishment. "What did you just call me?" she hissed. I better stop them before they kill each other.

"Glad to repeat, ins-"

"Guys, why don't you concentrate on the situation at hand now and save your fights for later?" I question with a raised eyebrow. They both continue glaring at each other and turn around to walk on their separate ways.

I notice Alex, Ben and Liam take continuous shots at our enemies and hides behind a van to prevent themselves from being hit. I decided to join them cuz most of the gangsters are targeting Alex for the betrayal.

I grab hold of my dagger and rush forward towards them stabbing anyone who tries to stop me.

Mostly our agency follows the strategy to stick with your team no matter what and I notice all the teams were following the same strategy spreading themselves with their respective teammates.

I quickly join my team to help them fight against the gangsters. We keep shooting and throw punches when we run out of ammo.

"Is it a right time to ask a question?" Ben asks as he shoots another guy.

"No!" Alex, me and Liam scream in unison. Ben rolls his eyes.

"Either way, it's really important. I need answers," he whines.

We don't say anything in return as we were already caught up dealing with the gangsters.

"I was reading Cinderella's story few days back and I thought if the shoe fits her perfectly, why did it fall off in the first place?"

I pause for a second before kicking the guy and jabbing him in his ribs. I turn around and glare at Ben.

"If I die because of your mischief, I am coming back to haunt you," I say.

"Be my guest," he shrugs. Before I could retort, my breath gets stuck as I look over his shoulder. I see so many gangsters running towards us with their weapons. I turn to my front to see both Antonio and Meghan with a smug face.

I clench my hand as I feel fire run through my veins.

"Ben, Liam. Take care of the gangsters behind us. Alex and I will take care of Antonio and Meghan," I say as I and Alex walk towards Antonio and Meghan.

I stand right in front of Meghan as Alex faces Antonio. Though I want to avenge Antonio but I don't want Alex to fight against his own sister, who he still cares. But it isn't gonna be any less difficult for me either as I still see her as a best friend.

I close my eyes and let out a deep breath.

She was the one who was the informant. She is the reason behind my mum's death.

"I have been waiting for years to fight against you, Elena," she says in venomous tone.

I open my eyes with fiery gaze.

The sweet innocent Elena had to sleep for a while.

As fierce and relentless Eighteen will take the lead.

"It's Eighteen."