EPILOGUE.

Elena's POV:

Playing basketball is always fun, especially when you know your opponent is gonna lose.

I dribble the ball before scoring again. I high five Alex and turn towards Ben and Gwen to see them glaring at me.

"Another goal!!" Liam says, whistling which was completely unnecessary. And wait- did he just say goal? What are we playing, football now?

"That's not fair," Ben says crossing his arms with a sour face.

"You're the one to talk," I say. Ben huffs and whispers something to Gwen to which she smirks and nods along. I turn around to see Jennifer with her laptop on her lap, clearly not interested in watching our game as her eyes stays fixed on her screen.

All of a sudden, Gwen pulls the ball out of my grasp and runs towards the basket dribbling the ball. I run after her.

With a lightning speed, I tackle the ball out of her and pass it back hoping Alex would catch.

"Elena don't-" he says but it's too late. I turn around to see Ben push Alex on the ground and walks over him like he's a carpet. Alex grabs hold of Ben's ankle and pulls making him fall too.

What is this? A wrestling match now?

During this little span of time, Gwen got hold of the ball and scores a basket. She screams happily. Ben notices that his plan worked, grins happily as he got back on his feet.

"Ben gets a point," Liam says fixing his cap. I glare at him.

"That's cheating," Alex says dusting himself off.

"Everything is fair in basketball," Liam shrugs.

"You can't go around tackling people on the ground," I say fixing my glare at Ben.

"I smell jealously for outsmarting someone who's name and number starts with an E," Ben ridicules.

Seriously? I don't even know why I agreed to play with him.

"If you want to compete, then play fair." I say, fixing my hair.

"Who said I am here to compete. I am here to rule," he says with a smirk.

"What's going on here?" I hear his voice.

"We were uh- planning on investing money in cheese cake factory. Yup. That's what we were discussing about," Ben immediately lies through his teeth. He rolls his eyes and turns towards me, raising his eyebrow.

"Basketball dad and Ben's cheating," I say and throw the ball at Ben and he skillfully dodges it, making it hit on Alex's head. I put on an innocent look and mutter a quick sorry.

"And who is the referee?" he asks, looking around. Liam immediately jumps on his feet, fixing his cap.

"Sir, I am making sure the one who cheats gets ejected," I raise my eyebrows in surprise as Alex lets out a chuckle on sudden change of Liam's demeanor. "Ben, I disqualify you."

Ben looks at his friend in absolute shock for switching sides. "I disown you as my best friend," he says walking towards the bleacher to grab water. I shake my head. He's unbelievable.

"So, any news on Meghan?" I ask. During the fight, I don't know how, Meghan slipped out and we have been trying to find her.

"Nothing. But she can't do much damage all alone so she doesn't pose a problem for now," he says as I nod along.

"Dad, I need your help with something," Ben says dragging dad away from us. I smile as dad grumbled something as he walked away.

"Alright, I am tired. I have a mission tomorrow. See ya later losers," Gwen says waving at us.

I chuckle and walk towards the bleacher and wipe off the sweat on my face.

"So, what's your agenda for tomorrow?" I turn towards Alex. He shrugs.

"I have an appointment with Dr. Jones to remove the stitches. What about you?" he asks before sipping the water.

"Nothing. I can accompany you if you want," I shrug.

"Sure."

As soon as he says that, the doors open again as Ben ran inside. Great! He just left and he is back again.

"Can I borrow my sister for a second, lover boy," He grins as Alex glowered at him. Due to some reason, Ben started calling him with that nickname and Alex is pretty much not happy about it.

"Yes but please don't call me that," he frowns. Ben smirks before tugging me towards the door.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we pass through tons of doors towards the garage.

"You'll know," he says as drags me towards his car. He walks towards the driver seat as I open the passenger seat to see it already taken.

"Dad?"

He looked at me then back at Ben who made himself comfy in his seat. Where are we going?

"Get in soon, we haven't got all day," Ben says buckling his belt. I close the passenger door and get in the back seat.

"Where are we going?" Dad asks the same question which I was thinking about. He starts the car with a light smile.

"You'll know," he repeats.

He drove way too faster than the speed limit. Dad kept warning him to slow down. He grins before increasing the speed as dad lets out a defeated sigh.

I shake my head and look outside. The passing trees brings serenity in me. The clouds were turning orange as the sun disappears behind the horizon.

When I was about to doze off, Ben pulls over. I slowly blink my eyes open tiredly. What I saw took my breath away.

My widen eyes meet Ben through the rear view mirror. He smiles sadly, nodding once in encouragement.

We open the door and get outside but neither me nor Ben were able to take another step forward but dad did.

I haven't met her for a long time. The last time I met her was before the mission. I usually tend to come here all alone when I need to spill out everything that worries me and she is the only one who is my capable of calming my chaotic mind.

Ben tugs me forward but I stay frozen in my place.

"Come on. I decided to have a small family reunion," he says, tugging me forward. I follow him.

I see dad standing in front of her grave, his eyes fixed on the headstone. I stand beside him as Ben stood beside me.

We stood quietly, letting the calmness fill our hearts. I look at her headstone and read the beautifully carved words again.

Emma Sterling.

A beloved daughter, wife and mother.

I blink back the tears as memories flooded my mind. Not the usual gloomy memories but the memories of our happiest times.

We stand there in silence, communicating with her in unspoken words.

They say the one who you care for tends to make you weak. I totally disagree. She was always my strength. Our strength. Though she isn't here with us, a part of her will forever stay with us and that's enough.

And one best thing I realized.

We four are back together.

A/N Alright! That's a wrap. Phew, that was one great journey with rollercoaster of emotions.

First off, I want to thank the readers, commentators, voters and followers. Trust me, you make my day brighter and I couldn't thank you enough.

Furthermore, I have an exciting news. WE HAVE A SEQUEL. Yes, you heard it right. There's a sequel to THE BOSS AGENT which is called...*dramatic loud drumroll*

THE ELITE AGENT.

You will find the book on the page as well.

I guess I'll meet you there. Until then, farewell my fellow readers.