16. I GOT YOU A BRACELET.

Alex's POV:

"Are you alright?" I ask her with concern. I know the question Meghan asked might have triggered her memories.

"I am," she mumbles. I sigh in relief.

"Uh... Alex, about our earlier conversation...I shouldn't have said those things to you. It wasn't your fault," her voice dripping with regret, "I was mad and took out my frustration on you. I really am sor-"

Just as she was about to complete her sentence, I heard a huge crash and eighteen scream in terror.

"Eighteen? Eighteen! What was that?" I scream into the phone. The whole team stood up and looked at me anxiously.

I hear her grunt in pain. My heart is beating hundred times faster than the normal rate.

"Eighteen, speak to me. What's happening?" I freak out.

Was she hit? Is she badly injured? Did the assassins we encountered earlier get her?

My brain goes through all possible outcomes.

I look Ben's red rimmed eyes.

'What happened?' he mouths.

I shake my head. All of a sudden I hear Eighteen's weak voice.

"Alex..." I hear her whisper.

Just as I was about to ask her if she is okay, our call gets disconnected.

"Eighteen? Hello?" I look at the phone and clench it tight. Anger overpowers me and I throw the phone. It hits the wall and shatters into pieces.

Without another word, I grab my jacket and motorcycle keys. I feel someone grab hold of my arm.

"Alex, wait..." I hear Meghan say in a rushed tone.

I yank my hand out of her grasp. "I am leaving Meghan. You can't stop me. I don't know what is-"

"I know you're worried about her but you're in no condition to leave. Do you think you can fight off the gangsters on your own?"

"What do I do then? Wait for her to come back beaten up?"

"No... You need to stay here. I am sure that eighteen will win through it and will be driving back to the house... If not..." she drifts off.

"If not..." I urge her to continue.

"If not, I and Ben are leaving right now in search of her," she says pulling the keys out of my grasp.

"We will be back in no time," Ben says. I nod my head.

I keep tapping my feet waiting for some news on eighteen.

"Did you find anything Jen?"

"I am almost there. I just need some more time," Jen says looking at her screen.

"That's what we don't have," I pace up and down the hallway.

It's been like twenty minutes since Meghan and Ben left.

"I have had enough. I am leaving," I say. I get up from my seat only to be pushed back down by Liam.

"Dude calm down. She will be fine. Stop stressing out," Liam yells.

"Guys, I tracked the car. It shows...." she narrows her eyes on the screen "Our mansion."

"What?! Why would it show our mansion?" I ask. She left long time ago and still hasn't returned.

Is her iPad even working?

Just as a clue, the doorbell rings. My eyes widen in surprise and then in relief. I quickly push past Liam and sprint through the hallway towards the door.