19. I AM RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

Agent Eighteen's POV:

"What was that?" Noah asks getting up from his seat.

"Your turn Ben," I whisper into the comms.

"What is happening?" Noah asks. He looks curiously towards his laptop to scan through the cameras.

"I-I don't know s-sir. Maybe the building is on fire...we need to-" my damsel in distress act gets cut off by the ringing of Noah's phone. He picks it up and looks at the Caller ID in confusion for few seconds before accepting.

"Who's this?" he asked in deadpanned tone.

"Sniper 96, 600 meter range, 3km wind speed, clear headshot and brains out," I hear Ben say to Noah through comms. I roll my eyes.

Dramatic much.

"What do you want?" he says in a deadly tone with his fist clenched.

"Your tie," Ben says.

"My what?" Noah questions.

"Your tie. It looks pretty expensive. Would hate to shred it up."

Noah looks down at his tie to see a red laser point on it. He looks through the window to search the assassin with wide fear filled eyes.

I decided to step on the moment. I walked towards him, pulled his hand up and cuffed him to the muntin. He glares at the cuff then at me.

I hear the door open. Noah and I turn around to see Alex walk in.

"What do you think you're doing Miss Carter?" Noah questions in exasperation.

"What do you think you're doing Miss Carter?" Alex mimics his tone. He purposely makes his one too many octaves high.

I roll my eyes and don't answer either of them. "Meghan, civilians?"

"Almost done."

"Jen?"

"Overriding the system. Will be done in five minutes or so."

"Liam?"

"Babysitting Jen."

"Excuse me?"

"We got Noah Smith. We will be down in a few," I say into the comms and turn to see Noah red in anger.

"You!!" Noah screams and trails off in fury.

"Me..." I say matching his rage and dare him to complete his sentence.

"You're gonna regret it," he says and brings his hand up. Before I could stop him he clicks something on his wrist watch.

The very next second I hear a thudding footsteps approaching us. I turn towards the door to see armed men at the entrance.

15 men to be exact.

I crack my knuckles. "Let's get over with this already," I say and march forward.

"I can't agree more," Alex adds cracking his neck.

We run forward and dodge the hit thrown in my way effortlessly. I hit the guy across his face and bring my knee up to his side. He falls down dead pale.

I see two guards running towards me with knife. I grab hold of a guard and twist his wrist. I heard a satisfying crack as he let's go of the knife. I grab hold of it and stab the other one.

I see Alex has taken down many guards. We can't really use our guns as it won't do any good for a bullet proof vest. I see a guy advancing towards me with a knife. Before I block him, he swiped it across my arm. It wasn't deep but I am gonna make him regret doing that. With quick movements, I disarm him and kick him on his chest. He flies and lands on the coffee table, glass spraying everywhere.

I turn to see a guy holding a vase and advancing towards Alex from back. He was busy fighting off two guys in the front and failed to notice that. Before I can rush to his help, I heard a gunshot and the guy drops dead. I walk toward the guy and look at him.

Clear headshot.

I turn towards the window and smile. "Thanks Ben," I express my gratitude.

"Anytime," he says through the comms.

I turn around to see all the guards lying face down.

Piece of cake.

I walk casually towards Noah with a sinister smile.

"That's the best your minions can do?" I taunt him.

"I know right. That's was hardly a warm up for me," Alex says sarcastically.

"You can either cooperate with us or we will force you to-" I don't get to complete the sentence as the door is slammed open. I turn around to see Liam stride towards us.

Without any intimation, Liam brought his fist to Alex's side. As he doubles over, he brings his knee up to his face. Alex falls down with a thud.

I don't think twice and march towards Liam. We both keep throwing punches and kicks. Suddenly he trips me and slams me down on the ground.

He walks towards Noah. "Sir, I am here to help. Let's go," he says and shoots the cuff twice. They both rush out of the room without a second glance.

I get up and dust myself off. I see Alex do the same.

"He is a pretty good actor, isn't he?" Alex ask with amusement.

"You bet," I say.

Within few minutes I hear Liam speak.

"I brought Mr. CEO to the van and cuffed him. Well, his actions scream he doesn't trust me anymore. I am hurt," he mocks.

"Certainly," Alex says.

"Jen, Meghan, get to the van immediately. Liam might need help. I and Alex will see if we can find something potential for our mission," I say.

"Copy that," they say.

I and Alex go through the drawers and lockers in search of something that can be helpful in our mission.

"Alex wait- I hear something...," I say and place my hand on my ear.

"They say never start a fight that you can't win," I hear Noah speak.

"So?" Liam asks.

"I have noticed your other two friends are still in my building," he says with an impassive tone.

"Initiate automatic self-destruction," I hear Noah command. I look at Alex with wide eyes and he reciprocates the same.

"Guys, get outta there. The building is gonna burst into flames," I hear Jen scream in terror.

I don't need to be told twice. I start racing out of the office as Alex follows suit. The last thing I want is to have history repeat itself.

Just as we get out of the cabin, I hear a huge explosion reverberate throughout the building. The ground shakes, I place my hand against the wall to steady myself.

"Rooftop," Alex says. Without wasting a minute, we sprint through the corridor towards the stairs that leads us to the roof.

I hear another blast as the ground beneath us shake worse than before. We quickly rush to the edge of the roof. I see Ben standing on the other building right in front of us. He shoots zip line launcher towards us. It attaches itself to the parapet.

I get hold of the wire and set myself ready to swing. I turn around to see hesitation in Alex's eyes. My eyebrows knit together in worry.

He looks at me and smiles reassuringly though I can certainly say it was a forced one. "Go, I am right behind you," he says. I nod my head and swing myself in the air. I gently land on the other building where Ben's been. I turn around to see the building crumble and I start to panic.

I wasn't panicky for the building, no, I panicked as Alex was nowhere in sight.