DON'T GET KILLED

Emma's POV:

"How many?"

"Not sure. There are too many of them," I say scanning through the binoculars.

"So how do we get in there?"

I shrug. I know this was a big day for the gangsters as they were executing the plan but that's not gonna happen. Not on my watch.

"No idea. But I am open to suggestions," I say passing the binoculars to Edward. He gets hold them and scans through in search any possible way to get in.

I turn around and scan the forest checking if there is any gangster. Though I know this particular west side is less guarded as per the record, but it won't hurt to check.

We used the motorcycle as the road was way too steep with tons of turns. And car won't do any good if we, by chance, get caught.

I turn around to see the guards and many other gangsters spread apart in every nook and cranny with their rifles. This is one most important warehouse where they are gonna launch the missile, so I didn't expect any less.

I turn to see Edward stop scanning the surrounding and take a glance at his watch. He turns towards me and passes me my binos.

"We have just thirty-two minutes," he huffs and runs his hand through his hair in exasperation.

"That's more than enough to stop them," I shrug and check through the binos again. I must find something that could let us get in and have enough time to steal the coordinates.

"I wonder how you're always calm. Even at a situation like this where there is a potentiality of us being chopped into pieces," Edward says.

"It's just that I try being optimistic. But right now, I am, maybe, a little worried," I say as I see an entrance which is the only possible way for us to get in.

I notice Ed goes stiff. Maybe because the most fearless and feisty in the whole agency just declared that she was worried. But it would be funny to see his reaction when he knows the reason behind it.

"You're worried? I've never heard you say that before. Are you sick or something? Is this mission making you stressful?" he kept bombarding me with questions continuously.

I smirk as I turn around, "Who said the mission makes me worry?"

"What else?" he asks narrowing his eyes though I could identify the concern behind his tone.

"Benjamin." I say with a light chuckle. He rolls his eyes.

"Not funny." he asserted.

"I am actually serious. Ben gets grumpy every two hours. I wonder how the babysitters and agents are doing. I pity them," I joke.

Ben being a year and eight months old now is really a bubbly baby. Running around, trying to climb the stairs with the help of railing and tantrums- which I preferably don't wanna think about.

"They will be fine. Elena will take care," Ed shrugs with a small grin.

I smile at the thought of Elena turning five within a week. Unlike Ben, she was always an observer. Though both of them are full of energy and enthusiasm, Elena was more like...me. Fearless and feisty. I remember when she just hit that kid- what's his name- Alex Carter, forty-seven's kid. Either way, she was always soft on the inside. Very caring and over protective of her brother and really understanding when we tell her that we have to leave for the mission.

"Yeah. I know," I beam with proudness.

"I got a plan," I hear Ed say. I turn around and raise my eyebrow waiting for him to continue.

"The only way for us to get in is through the entrance-"

"Which is heavily guarded," I cut him off. I feel like I know where this conversation is going.

"We need to cause a distraction," he continues. I open my mouth to retort but he doesn't let me speak, "I will do it. You try to get in and grab hold of the coordinates. Alright?"

He says seriously holding no room for negotiations. I sigh and shake my head.

"Aren't the captain supposed to make the decision?" I ridicule as he let's out a chuckle.

"How about the vice captain get a chance once?"

I chuckle and shake my head. I guess now I know where Elena got her over protective behaviour from.

"Don't get killed," I state seriously, grabbing hold of his hand and squeezing once. He reciprocates the action.

"You too."

Then he runs off the other direction vanishing in the darkness of the forest. I hide behind the tree waiting for Ed's signal.

BANG..

I roll my eyes. Typical Edward style. I notice all the men run towards the direction of the sound. I hide behind the tree waiting for the perfect moment to strike. I notice few gangsters, five to be exact, still standing outside guarding the gate with wide eyes looking around. I grab hold of my gun.

"This is gonna be fun."