36. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Eighteen's POV:

"Look at you," he laughs loudly. "Did you seriously think I would forget those ugly faces," he cracks up.

"Will I go to jail if I smash that vase on your head?" I glare in mock anger.

"Probably. But I grant you the liberty to give it a shot. Even if you go to jail, that guy over there," he motions his head towards chief, "he would get you out within seconds."

"Oh Lord Ben, I literally thought you lost your mind," Alex says.

"Ex-squeeze me, I was hit on my chest not on my head," he shrugs his shoulders and winces.

I look at him with worry as he gives me a tight lip smile for reassurance.

I hear the door open as Jen walked in with Liam who had his hand in a sling.

"Ben!! Oh my... Are you okay?" Jen questions. He looks at them as if they are aliens.

"Who are you?" he questions with confusion. I see Jen and Liam eyes widen in horror.

"Dude, it's me. Liam. What's wrong with you?" Liam States. I roll my eyes and smack his head. He chuckles in return.

"He is kidding," I say as they sigh in relief.

I observe the surrounding to see agent forty-seven talking seriously with the chief. After few seconds they leave the room.

"How are you feeling Ben?" Liam questions.

"I feel like I was shot, duh," I chuckle hearing his response. I see him look around as his gaze settles on me.

"I guess you found out the truth," I nod my head in return. He looks at Alex empathetically as Alex smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes.

"Where is Meghan?" Jen questions.

I go rigid. They deserve to know the truth so I tell them. Both of them were completely astounded by my revelation.

"I can't believe this..." Jen mumbles with tears brimming her eyes.

"Yeah, I am still confused. Meghan... the most caring one in our team..." Liam trails off shaking his head. I notice Alex looks broken...again. He looks at me as I give him a reassuring smile as he returns one.

I hear the door open to see doctor walk in with a nurse in tow. Ben quickly covers himself with the duvet.

"No, not again," he whispers.

"I need to run some tests so can you all excuse agent seventy-eight?" doctor requests us.

"Enough is enough. You have drunk enough blood of mine, you vamps. I don't think I am gonna lend you more," he screams.

"Agent seven-"

"Call me Ben, vamps," he yells.

"Very well. Ben, we need your blood to run some tests. So please cooperate," the doc requests slowly trying his best to not snap at him.

"Not happening."

The doc lets out a huff and turns around to see me standing still inside the room.

"Agent eighteen, you need to lea-"

"I am not leaving Dr. Jones," I reply holding no room for negotiation. He looks at me for few seconds before nodding his head.

After half an hour of consistent begs of Ben, and with the help of four more doctors, Ben was tested and rewrapped.

"Take care Ben," the doctor said with a smile before leaving. He stuck his tongue out at him. I roll my eyes at his antics.

I walk forward and take my seat on the chair which was near the bed.

"Does it hurt?"

"Nah, I am fine," he says with a light smile.

I reminiscence the way Ben was bleeding and whimpering when he was shot. I feel someone place a hand on mine as I snap from my daze.

"You okay?" Ben questions with solicitude. I nod my head.

"Why are you crying then?"

I didn't notice that a traitor tear escaped my eyes. I quickly wipe that off and meet with Ben's perturbed expression.

"I thought I lost you," I whisper slowly. Ben chuckles in return.

"I am not leaving," he mumbles, "And you can't get rid of me that easily," he smiles victoriously as I giggle.

"And I need your help. I am hungry. The hospital food I had few hours ago sucks. Get me Taco Bell and donuts please. I am dying. I am dy-" he trails off and closes his eyes acting like he passed out.

"You gonna have hospital food drama queen. Whether you like it or not," I say sternly but with a light smile as he glares in mock anger.

I go stiff as I hear the window slid open. I grab hold of my gun and slowly turn around to see...Gwen land clumsily on the floor with paper bag in her hand.

She dusts herself off and looks at me and smiles sheepishly. She looks at Ben and screeches in joy.

"Benjy!!! You woke up!"

"Umm, sorry ma'am. May I know who are you?"

There you go again.

"You don't remember me? Cool then. Extra food for me," she shrugs.

"I am kidding Gwendy. Of course I know you," he smiles innocently. She walks towards him and takes her seat on the bed as they both start munching.

"Didn't you notice the sign that outside food is strictly prohibited in the hospital," I say as I cross my arms.

"Nope. I came through the window. They must stick one there," she shrugs casually as Ben laughs hysterically.