43. PEACE.

Eighteen's POV:

~One week later~

"Ha! Checkmate," I say as I conquer the game again. He let's out a chuckle.

"So, how is everything going on in the agency? Any problem?" he asks as he places the chess board aside.

"Everything is fine. Except for your son. Your office was a total disaster when I went back to the agency last night," he laughs lightly and shakes his head.

"I got the idea of it as soon as I woke up," dad says looking at the walls.

It's been week since the whole war occured. After five hours of intense surgery, both the bullets were taken out of dad. I felt the same emptiness return back in me when I lost my mum. The thought of losing my dad sent a complete shock wave through me. I have been by his side the whole time. There were few other agents, seven to be exact, who had major injuries and thirty had minor injuries including Alex and Ben.

My team helped me a lot to recover from the tragic events. I stayed beside my dad all day. Ben and Gwen got bored waiting for chief to wake up and came up with a creative idea, which they prefer to call so, and started sketching on the wall.

Dad recovered soon and woke up yesterday. We had a little chat and cleared our misunderstanding. And now we were back on the right path.

I look around the room and chuckle. "Ben and Gwen were being 'creative' as always," I say air quoting the word creative.

He looks at me with happiness and relief. "Glad to have you back princess. It's been so many years since we had a proper conversation."

I smile in return. I never realised both me and dad had been grieving for my mum's death but never knew we were each other's pillar of support.

I hear the door open to see Alex walk in. He sends a smile my way then turns towards dad.

"Chief," he says saluting, "I need your signature in this paper sir. Agent forty-seven had a meet with the defense minister yesterday. Antonio was taken in for the central prison with his gang," he says handing over the papers to dad. He quickly went through the papers before signing and returning the papers.

"Is that all?"

"Yes chief," Alex says as he grabs the paper back with his left hand as his right arm was still in sling. I hear the door open again.

"Are leaves on tree called leaves because they leave the tree?" Ben asks Gwen.

"Answer my question first. Do you think sand is called sand because it's between sea and land?" Gwen question. Ben makes a thoughtful face.

"Maybe. That sounds quite reasonable," he shrugs taking a sip of his Starbucks.

"Hey dad," he waves with his drink as it spills everywhere. Gwen glares at him as few drop landed on her coat.

"Opps! Sorry. That wasn't intentional," he apologizes though he tries his best to control his laugh. Gwen turns her glare ten times worse.

"Listen well mister. I don't care if your chief's son. You just ruined my coat. You either get me a new one or tell me your father's account numbers," she threatens him as he holds his hand up in surrender.

She walks towards chief with innocent smile as if she just didn't threaten his son few minutes ago.

"Hey chief. How's your health?" she asks holding a pack of chips, and munching occasionally.

"I am fine agent fifty. What brings you here?" he asks in professional tone.

"Just here to see if you need something. Last time Ben was stuck here, he complained about the food. So, do you want some?" she asks offering chief the bag.

"No thank you agent fifty."

She shrugs and goes back to eat the rest of the chips. Alex and chief continues to talk about the paper work and about the other agents who were injured.

I notice Ben engrossed in his phone. A slight crease forms on his forehead before his eyes widen in shock soon followed by happiness.

I know what's coming.

"Guys!! NASA just released the news that there is a possibility of sighting shooting stars today. I have to see them," he says with enthusiasm.

"Really!! We must go to the hill at the outskirts of the city. It will give us the best view. I am down," Gwen says and turns towards me expectedly. I shake my head.

"I don't think I would be able to join. Dad just woke up yesterday. I'd better stay," I say.

"I think you should join them Elena. You have been on this chair the whole week. Take a break and have fun with them," dad suggested.

"But dad-"

"That's an order eighteen," he jokes playing the part of his profession. I chuckle.

"Yes chief," I mock salute.

"Great, I'll inform Liam and Jen. Gwen, get your team ready. I'll grab the snacks. Alex, get the van ready. Will meet you both in the agency," Ben says already running out of the room soon followed by Gwen.

I turn around and meet dad's gaze. "Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" I ask with concern lasing my tone. He chuckles as shakes his head.

"You sound so much like your mother," he says under his breath. "Yes, I am gonna be okay. Now go before you get late," I nod and walk out of the room soon followed by Alex.

***

After two hours of drive and two hours of continuous exposure to Ben and Gwen's singing talent, we finally reach our destination.

"Wow. That's breathtaking," Jen exclaims taking a shot of the scenario.

I see Ben and Liam setting up the telescope which was totally unnecessary. Gwen, Raleigh place the picnic basket and cooler and join Jessica and Jayden who were using their binoculars and zooming through the sky.

I feel someone grab hold of my hand to see it was Alex. I noticed that he has ditched the sling.

"I have to show you something cool. Do you wanna come?" he asks as I nod my head. A smile breaks on his face as he leads the way. After ten minutes, we reach a lake which reflected the perfect moonlight.

"This... This place is so beautiful," I exclaimed in awe. "We should get others here," I say.

"Sure. But before that I have to give you something," he says reaching for his pocket.

My breath gets stuck in my throat when I saw what he held in his hand.

"My bracelet."

"Umm-humm. You broke it to find the coordinates which is safe now. I found it in your table and decided to fix it for you," he says and clasps it around my wrist.

Happiness and gratitude fill my heart and I have no idea how to express it.

"Thank you. I really appreciate you more than you will ever know," I express blissfully. He grins in return.

"There's another surprise," he says and spins me around to face the sky. My jaw drops open when I see a shooting star race through the sky. We were soon joined my other members of the team, who came out of nowhere.

I see number of shooting star glide across the sky. I keep looking at the sky in pure delight. In midst of happiness, I notice a distant figure of my mother smile at me. I smile in return as tears of joy slide down my cheek.

After all these years, I finally find peace and tranquility.

THE END.