12. TELL ME WHEN YOU'RE READY.

Agent Eighteen's POV:

"Woah."

"That's so cool."

"I, for once, agree with Ben."

We walk towards our car specially made by agency for the team. They have few extras like built in rocket launcher, sniper, grenades, knives and guns.

"I made a call to the agency and asked them to deliver our car and take the chopper back. We will stay in our safe house until we catch the hacker," I tell them.

"I'll drive," Ben says already marching forward towards the driver seat.

"Nope."

"No way."

"I'll better walk."

Alex gets hold of his collar and shakes his head, "Sorry, you're not driving. Do you remember what happened last time?"

"Oh come on, that was a test drive."

Alex turns towards me and raises his eyebrow waiting for me to say something.

I let out a sigh and massage my temples, "I have a feeling that even if I oppose you're gonna do it," I say already marching towards the backseat. Ben shows off his victorious smile while others still oppose the idea of him driving.

Liam gets in passenger seat, Jen on my right, Alex and Meghan behind me.

Ben starts driving while I connect my phone to the car and insert the location of our destination.

"So, what did you find Jen?" I ask her.

"I found out that our theory was right. The hacker of the gang ran away. As most of the base for these gangs are located in Italy and I guessed that the hacker would be situated there and I was right. As she flew away, she erased and completely redirected her tracks. Then I thought, why the world's second best hacker leav-"

"Who's first?" Ben interrupts.

"Me, duh," Jen states the self-evident fact. "And yes, don't interrupt me Ben," Ben acts like he locks his mouth and throws the key out of the window, "As I was saying, I thought why would the world's second best hacker leave a position which paid her well and provided everything she needed unless it was for personal reasons. And yes, this hacker was intelligent enough to clear her tracks but was stupid enough not to hide the fact that she cleared the tracks. So, I would rather search the deleted tracks than to hack into the security cameras."

"Brilliant."

"You're genius."

"Well done."

"Unbelievable."

"I am proud of you Jen. You did what I taught you," Ben says like a proud mom.

"You keep telling yourself that, " she rolls her eyes at Ben's reply.

"So, I tracked her history and found out that she goes by the name Maria Evans which I highly doubt is her real name. I checked every database for her picture but I couldn't find any. But I found out that she is keeping tabs on a guy called Noah Smith. I'll let you know when I get hold of his location."

"Wow, all those information made me hungry. How about we stop to grab some food?" Ben says.

I didn't even notice that we made it to the city. Ben drove to the nearby chipotle and parked the car, almost bumping into someone else's car. We unbuckled our seat belts and got out. We got in the booth and looked up our menu. A waiter of early twenties came up to us and asked for our order. I glance at the menu while others were placing the order. Though I haven't eaten well, nothing seems to be quite appetizing at the moment.

"Ma'am, what would you like to order?" the waiter asked me.

Give me a minute girl. I have no idea what to order.

"Make it a two. She will have the same," Alex answered.

I look around the place. Something is unsettling. Though it might sound like I am being paranoid but my instincts are going wild. I look back at the team to see them all busy with their own phones. I turn again to scan the surroundings to see a guy looking at us and he instinctively turns around not to get caught. I can't tell for sure as he had his glasses on. I see few more people enter and take a seat beside our booth. That's strange.

I decided to let it slide but when I saw a familiar tattoo on his wrist, my whole body went rigid. He tried his best to hide the tattoo with his leather jacket but I saw the glimpse of it.

This is a trap.

"We are leaving," I state trying my best to not alert the intruders.

"What? Why? Our food will be here in few minutes," Ben whines. Now, my whole team is looking at me curiously.

I blink thrice. That was our code language to let other members of the team to know that we are under attack. Everybody went stiff for a second.

"Tell me when you're ready," Liam whispers. I slowly reach for the gun in my waistband.

"NOW!"