35. TRUTH HURTS.

Eighteen's POV:

"Hello there, son."

The very next second, Alex marches towards him and assaults him with punches.

"I am," punch "Not," punch "Your," punch "Son."

Alex stops and glares at him daring him to voice anything stupid.

"Tru-Truth hurts," he says with a sickening smile.

Alex curls his fingers into a tight fist and pulls his hand back to punch him. A long smack resonated as his fist was stopped by me.

I shake my head as I slowly uncurl my fingers. He takes a step back and composes himself.

"Still on leash, aren't you my little brother?" Meghan says sarcastically. "Does whatever Eighteen asks you to do," she lets out a chuckle and shakes her head. "You were supposed to be on our team."

"Never," Alex hisses without missing a beat.

"Bad for you," she shrugs her shoulders. Alex doesn't respond anything in return.

I turn my glare at Antonio as he was looking at me with a smug face.

"I'll deal later with you Meghan," I look at her through peripheral vision and look back at Antonio, "Let me first deal with this killer," I stalk forward with dangerous demeanor like a predator with nerve-wracking  glare.

"You mean the one who killed your mother," I ignore Meghan and walk forward, "That was...me," she states which makes me stop on my track.

Blood drains out of my face as I look at her with wide eyes. She mirrors the same look of her father.

"I was the one who gave him the information of your mother's whereabouts. Why do you think I knocked on forty-seven's door? Why do you think I stayed in the agency?" she says with a smirk.

I don't answer as my eyes turn darker. I shake with anger as I grit my teeth. I noticed Alex tense as he walks forward to stand by my side.

"What are you talking about?" Alex questions, still dazed.

Meghan rolls her eyes in return. "Dad sent me to forty-seven's house and asked me to have an eye on the agency. Though I was a kid, I was smart enough to get hold of every bit of info that happens in the agency. But Emma spoiled everything. She stole the coordinates before we could initiate launch. As a result, I told dad about her house and he burned it into ashes," she shrugs again with a wicked smirk.

I close my eyes and clench my jaw and try to hold myself back from snapping her neck. Though, I know I could never do that to her since I still see her as a friend I always cared for.

"You-You are a monster," Alex whispers.

"Oh. I am way past that," she says tauntingly. "And for the record, do you remember the sudden gangster invasion at the restaurant. It was done by me," she says with a victorious smile.

"Why?" I bellow in anger. Meghan out of all the people in the world, my best friend, betrayed me. I feel fire streaming through my veins and I can't even imagine what Alex is going through.

"I knew Jen was genius. So I had to take her out of the equation before she gets hold of Katherine. But..." she shakes her head, "It didn't go as I planned."

"Now I understand. It was nagging my mind how the gangsters knew about our location all the time. So, it was you," I hiss in ire. She nods once proudly as I glare at her.

"You were the one who informed about Maria too. That's why we were attacked in the park," I state.

"Affirmative. And I was the one who asked to attack you with the truck too," she says smugly.