57.

Presently, a disguised Raphael was talking to one of the warriors stationed at the gate of the Demon Castle about his sister's employment. 

Amara who was masked as Raphael's mute sister was watching them converse. The reason they had opted for a mute disguise was Amara's accent. It would definitely give her away, Raphael had said. 

The warrior looked at her and recoiled. It was a subtle movement but it assisted her confidence. 

She knew she looked hideous. 

Raphael suggested that she make herself look unappealing. He told her that all the pretty maids were sure to serve the higher lords who were known for their careless attitude toward women. If she wanted to get to the Prince within a short period of time, she had to avoid all the unwanted attention. 

So Amara wove a disguise of a disfigured face. Her jaw was misaligned and her nose was crooked. She wanted to add a humpback too but Raphael shook his head telling her that it would be too much.

Together they named her disguise Noraelena. It was a peculiar name but according to Raphael, it was a very popular name in the Demon Kingdom. 

'You're lucky,' the warrior addressed her, 'Under normal circumstances, you wouldn't be allowed inside but ever since the explosion, we need all the hands we can get.'

Amara's head snapped so fast at the word 'explosion', that she almost spoke. 

'Explosion?' Raphael asked. 

The warrior shook his head, 'Tch, peasants! Such an uneducated bunch!' He then turned to Raphael, 'Haven't you heard? There was an explosion two days ago in the dining hall. We lost many good soldiers and servants.' 

She wanted to take off and look through every room in the castle to find her Damien but Raphael gripped her shoulder with his hand and continued the conversation, 'Oh, yes, yes, that explosion. I remember now,' he bobbed his head. 'I'm sure you'd need some extra hands. My sister is here to serve her country at the time of need,' He added dramatically. 

The warrior rolled his eyes and turned his back on them, 'Come along!' 

'Good luck, Noraelena.' Raphael hollered and swiftly turned his back as he pulled his cowl over his head and disappeared into the market crowd. 

'Some brother you've got,' the warrior spoke to Amara. 

She knew the reason why Raphael had hurried. He had to go check up on Felicia who was very cross. He feared that she would so something that would risk their identity.

Though it was highly unlikely, Amara knew that they had to be careful. 

Her heart raced as she followed the warrior through a tiny passageway. 

'You're going to meet the Head of Household, Mrs Lira. Just be nice and answer her questions to the point and-' He cut himself off, 'oh, you can't speak.' He spared her a glance and made a face at her. 'Just do whatever you do.'

The passageway opened into a large chamber that was bustling with energy. Laundry maids were running about, cleaning and dyeing everything, from bedsheets to curtains to clothes. 

The chamber was hot. 

No one paid them any attention as they were busy. Some of them ran into Amara and almost yelled at her but one look at her face and they were rendered speechless. 

They walked through another passageway which opened into a kitchen. 

If the laundry chamber was busy that the kitchen was busier.