6.

Amara strained to hear any sound that the seeker was nearing. It was quiet. She was getting impatient. Then all of a sudden, "I found you! Hahaha!" Wendalyn screamed in delight. She heard Rosalyn say something but she couldn't tell what. There was a pause or a few minutes, till she heard one of the sisters ask the other, "Where's Amara?" 

Amara smiled to herself. She moved ever so slowly and peeked at them. They weren't very far from her. 

"What are you doing here?" She heard a thick masculine voice. She assumed it was one of the warriors and brought her finger to her lips, "Shhh. They'll find me." She kept her eyes on them paying no attention to the man. She felt him crouch down next to her. She couldn't help but smile at the kids who struggled to find her. She sat down knowing that they'll take some time to get near the area she was hiding. 

She smiled turned to look at the warrior. 

To her horror, it was none other than the Crown Prince, the heir to the throne of the Dithrai Kingdom. The colour drained from her face. She just 'shushed' the Prince. "Your Highness, I-" Before she could continue, the Crown Prince placed his hand on her mouth, "You do not want them to find us," he whispered not looking at her. He was busy looking at the kids. 

Her heart raced. She told the Prince to shut up. She shushed him. This job was gone. She would be kicked out of the castle. His hand had uncovered her mouth a long time ago but she could still feel its burning presence around her mouth. God, she just wanted to bury herself for being so stupid. This job was as good as gone. She'd never see these sweet children ever again after his. She would apologize to him. 

She wished the kids would see the tracks. She prayed they would. 

"Here she is!" 
She loud laughter. "I found them, Wendy!" 

To her left, Rosalyn looked at them smugly. The child's eyes landed on the Prince, "Damien!" she squealed with joy. She threw his arms around him and hugged him. He laughed. 

It was most enchanting melody Amara had ever heard. She snapped out of her daze when Wendalyn appeared and hugged him too causing him to laugh harder. She could sit and admire them. She would have if she had not shushed the Prince. She scrambled to her feet and stood at the respectable distance. She patiently waited till their fun was over. She prepared an apology in her head. 

"Why are you standing there?" The Prince asked. 

"I apologize, Your Highness. It was my mistake, I didn't notice it was you. I deeply regret it. I promise you, it will not happen again. I am sorry." 

She looked up to see the three of them looking at her strangely. In the cold weather, she felt hot. She felt like she was wearing her coat in summer. Her face was red and her hands were sweating. She tapped her foot impatiently. She just wanted to get out of there. 

He got to his feet. She looked at his feet. She couldn't look at his face. It would be a sign of defiance. What she wanted was his forgiveness. What she did was so offensive! 

"It is alright. I took no offence." 

Her head snapped up. She looked at him as strangely as he had, "Oh!" She wasn't sure if she could blush deeper. 

Then she looked at Wendalyn, "You counted wrong, Wendalyn. You forgot three and seven." 

Wendalyn scrunched her nose, "I did?" 

She nodded. 

Damien looked strangely at the pretty governess. He knew who she was. If his mother thought she could sneak her inside without him recognizing who she was, his mother was so wrong. He would recognize those forest green eyes anywhere. No doubt her beauty surpassed any woman's. 

But a part of his was enraged. He had clearly told his mother that he had nothing to do with the girl he had accidentally shared the bond chalice with. The bond chalice was one of kind. It was shared by husband and wife on their wedding day to seal their vows. There was no escape from it. His mother had tried to tell him that. He could not share it with anyone even if he wanted to. He knew she was right. Knowing his mother, she would have tried every possible way to break the bond. It would probably be the truth but then again, transparency was never his mother's forte. 

It was strange that his mother wasn't able to find anything about Amara's past despite having the most powerful magicians at her command. None were able to find out anything. 

He remembered that day vividly. His mother had looked so worried. It was the first time he had seen her lose her temper. Needless to say, she did have a temper. He had been happy because he found the girl very beautiful. He was so determined to prove his mother wrong. He had even protested when his parents had sent her away. He was so determined to make her his queen. 

He changed. Everything changed after his half-brother was murdered. He shook his head not wanting to go there. 

He watched at she patiently corrected Wendalyn as she recited her numbers. He noticed that she didn't even look his way. 

It was for the best. His mother was right to block her memories.