19.

"What is your name?" Prince Damien asked, coldly, to the demon that kneeled in front of him.

The demon spat at his feet, "I'll die before I tell you anything!"The demon general didn't have any fear in his eyes but that didn't affect the Prince. On the contrary, he found it mildly amusing. He held up his hand to stop his warriors from stepping forth and beheading him for the insult. He looked straight into the General's eyes, "There are things that are worse than death."

The General's face drained. He looked scared for a moment. But the fight came back to him. He tugged at his chains that held his hands behind his back, "Queen Seyanora cursed you for all the right reasons."

Damien'shands grew into claws. He let out an animalistic snarl and was almost about to slash the General's neck but he stopped.

That will be too easy a death, he said to himself.
That thought was enough to compose him. His hands, however, remains claws.

The General gave him a smug look.

Damien held out his claw in his direction, "If you know about that, then you must know what I'm capable of."

Fear. That's what the General's face showed. He searched his mind for something. Anything that would save him from those deadly claws and painful death. "My lord knows about her."

ThePrince froze. His monster threatened to tear the demon apart. He let out a growl as he clutched the demon's neck, "Who?"

The demon smiled, mockingly, "Her."

"I'll kill you!" Damien yelled. Vexed, he thought about Amara.
It better not be her he's talking about, he told himself. He'd go a killing rampage if anything happened to her.
He tightened his grip around the feeble neck. "Who are you talking about?"

The demon's face showed no fear, "He knows about her. The one you shared the bond chalice with."

Damien snarled. He let his monster take over. His claws ripped their-coloured skin, drawing the deep red blood. Entrails of the dead spilt out in shreds. Screams of the demons. Deep red blood spattered on the ground. It landed on the pale porcelain skin, staining it in the most terrifying way possible.

He stopped after some time, breathing heavily, clenching and unclenching his fists from time to time.

A strange emotion took over him. Something similar to what the dead demon General had felt. 

Fear.

They knew about Amara.

'Did you hear that?' Sir Rowan brought stopped her train of thoughts. Amara looked at him strangely and then listened closely, 'I hear nothing, sir.'

What followed happened in a flash.

The old man was thrown across the garden. He collided with a tree. Amara was sure she heard his backbone break. Her heart thumped against her chest. She tried running toward him but she was stopped when she felt a searing pain on her left calf. It was almost as if something was digging into her flesh.

She opened her mouth to scream but the attacker pushed her against the snow. She heard low growls in her hear. Her body ached. She could feel her skin tear under the sharp hold. Whoever it was, was scratching her. She could hear the blood leave her body. She tried to free herself when she saw more of them coming.

Her blood ran cold.

Demons.

She was losing her vision as rapidly as she bled. The snow under her was red with her blood. With shivering hands, she tried to move away. She didn't want to die. She tried to fight back. She kicked the demons away but she had lost too much blood. She could already feel life leaving her. There was white and red everywhere. There was so much pain. Her psyche was already drowning in hopelessness.

'Remember, my child,' she heard that woman again. Her voice was so comforting. The pain was numbed. Her vision was so blurry that she couldn't see those evil being looming over her, feeding on her flesh.

In her peripheral vision, she saw Rowan lying on the snow. He looked dead. There were demons looming over him too.

No! She screamed. She wouldn't let them hurt the old man.

She felt the power surging through her veins. It came from the deepest part of her. She recognized it immediately. It was the same power that had knocked Prince Damien out. It flowed through her freely. She relished it. There was no way they'd hurt the Royal Advisor. Her emotions were directed toward the old man. Her body quivered as she felt the wind swirl around her.

She felt the aching stop. The demons were still looming over her but they had stopped whatever they were doing. She couldn't see them but she could tell that they were confused. She sensed a weird emotion too.

Fear.

And it wasn't coming off her.

She pushed more of her powers outwards. She felt it radiating a powerful aura from her body. She wanted them to burn. They had tried to hurt that old man. They had tried to hurt her. They deserved no mercy.

She heard them shriek in agony. She enjoyed it. She felt them wither. She felt their pain. She enjoyed it. She was going to destroy them. 

All of them.