15.

Amara was angry and flustered. Flustered because Prince Damien had come to check up on her and angry because he accused her of lying. She told herself that she shouldn't be flustered. Her face was red. She found herself pacing in her room. The Shalore had told her that she needed to rest but Amara couldn't help herself. She was very agitated. 

He had rudely snatched the book from her! 

The look on his face was scarier than the one she had seen a few nights ago. She found it quite strange. She knew it was a sacred book but didn't expect such a reaction from him. If she would've known he would react in such a way, she would have tucked it under her pillow before opening it. 

'Oh, I'm such an idiot.' 

She interlocked her fingers and wrung them as she paced back and forth. 

The Queen would be so mad. 

She stopped short. She shouldn't be scared of the Queen. It was the Royal who had given her the book. She hadn't forced her to but people with power could be crazy sometimes. 

Not to mention to fact that the Queen was a little scary. 

She told herself to get a grip. 

That night's incidents flashed in front of her eyes. She saw the Prince collapsing again. She felt so protective of him. It infuriated her. She wanted to be mad at him. She had to be mad at him. He yelled at her for no reason and Prince or not she would not tolerate such treatment from anyone. 

But she couldn't. 

When Amara had woken up, she thought it had been a dream. 

Felicia had explained it to her. She told her the Prince was cursed. They didn't know what it was but it was him being transformed to this whole other being. 

She could never forget the look in his eyes when he was so close to her. That feral look; but as she thought of it, she could see behind that. There was a longingness behind those eyes. So much pain and sadness. It wasn't directed at anyone else. It was directed at himself. 

She could never forget how protected she felt when he was close. 
She could never forget how her anxiety just vanished when his breath fanned her face. 

Even in his other form, he was different

She felt her affection for him grow.  

She sat on the edge of her bed. She folded her knees and tucked them under her chin. She shut her eyes.

She reminded herself to be mad. 

It was hard to stay mad at him. She had seen the hurt in his eyes when he had noticed the book. That was bound to happen. She had his dead brother's book. 

Sighing, she got to her feet. She decided that she would resume the classes. The Shalore had told her that she could take a few days off but right now, Amara needed her mind occupied or else she would drive herself insane thinking about a certain someone who was totally off-limits.

She changed into better clothes and walked out of her room, in search of those twins. 

She couldn't stop herself from wondering if Prince Damien had penned his own Dithrayan. Each Crown Prince had to before ascending the throne. She was something she had learnt from the book the Queen gave her. Prince Damon was fond of that rule. He believed it was necessary. It was fair to say that Prince Damon had some strong views. She had taken a lot of time to understand his views. She didn't agree with a few of them but otherwise, she was blown away. 

She wondered if Prince Damien had strong views. She would want to know. Prince Damien seemed like the person with strong views. 

'I shouldn't care,' she scolded herself. 'I'm supposed to be mad.' 

She found the twins in their room. The sight was so adorable. They were curled up next to each other on Rosalyn's bed while Rosalyn read aloud from a book that was placed on her lap. Amara stood near the door, basking the innocence and the purest form of love. Amara realized it was Hansel and Gretel. Not the best choice but she didn't want to ruin the time the sisters were having. 

She smiled to herself.

Wendalyn yawned. While she did that, she saw Amara at the door. Her eyes lit up, 'Amara!' 

Rosalyn looked at Amara too. The little sisters dashed to her, hugging her legs. Amara laughed. Her heart blossomed with joy. They were the only ones in the castle who seemed genuinely happy to see her. They had no secrets, they were untamed, they were just themselves. 

'Hello, my lovely girls.' Amara patted their heads. 

'We missed you,' Rosalyn said. 'Momma said you were sick.' 

'She wouldn't let us see you,' Wendalyn looked up at her. 

Amara was glad that their mother had not allowed them to visit her. She did look terrible. She smiled at them, 'I missed you twins too.' She looked at the abandoned book on the bed. 'That was some really nice reading, Rosalyn.' 

The kid beamed, 'Thank you, Amara.' 

'Can you read for us?' Wendalyn asked. 

'Yes, I would love to.' 

The girls squealed. They ran to Rosalyn's bed and Amara followed them. 

She took the copy of Hansel and Gretel. She had no idea why the twins liked it but if it brought them joy, she would gladly read it for them. 

'Curl up, little ones!' She leaned on the plush bed. Wendalyn and Rosalyn on either side. 

Amara was as excited as they were. She was going to make it so dramatic that the entire room would be filled with their innocent laughter.