Test

My breathing was the first thing I heard, then the buzzing of the lights, then the high pitched ringing in my head. I sat up and looked around groggily. I felt like I had been sleeping for hours, maybe days. I rubbed my eyes, no sleep staining them. It confused me. I looked around, I was in a small room with concrete walls. A picture flashed in my mind of me looking back at myself. Wasn't there mirrors before? I didn't know what to do, it made me feel weak. Why can't I remember anything? "Choose!" I jumped and spun around. The room had widened to the point I could no longer see the walls. Maybe there wasn't walls. How could that be?

"Choose what?" My voice came out rumbling, agreeing with me that I had in fact been sleeping.

"Choose!" The voice came from behind me making me spin around. The voice was clearly a woman and sounded familiar. Mum? No, it was harsh. Beatrice? No, it was loud. It clicked in my head on who it was, Jeanine. That bitch. My own foul language surprised me, these aren't my thoughts, I'm Amity. I'm kind, I'm helpful. I always have been. Why would I be having two different thought processes? It scared me. One was mean and made me feel angry. I'm not that, I'm nice. "Choose!" I'm nice. "Choose!" I snapped as it all came rushing back to me.

" I didn't want to forget why I was mad and automatically forgive her. She didn't deserve to be forgiven. Never will be. And if I had forgotten about that? It would have meant I lost control. I let a serum decide something that is for me, something else. I didn't want that, I want to be able to decide things for myself. Not have to be happy, tell the truth, go through simulations."

My eyes widened as I remembered my conversation with Daniel. Go through simulations. It's a goddamn simulation. I heard a voice in the back of my head saying it wasn't, that I was too cold and it wasn't me. I pushed it away, kindness like that isn't me, never has been. "Choose!" I looked upwards towards Jeanine's voice.

"Yeah, yeah I hear ya'" I smiled to myself as I didn't feel strangled. I didn't feel confined. I was back, I'm okay. I'm okay. I looked at the two small podiums that had a basket on each and a light shining down. One had cheese, another a knife. "Choose one of these?" I wasn't expecting a response, so I wasn't disappointed when one didn't come. I looked at the two options. I don't know why I'm choosing them. There could be a hurt person that either needs food or needs to be put down like an animal. Or something might try to attack me. Or nothing could happen and whatever I choose is just that, a choice.

"I'm good." I heard the voice above me.

"Are you sure, you might need them." I nodded. I heard a bark making me turn around. A doberman stood across from me. Attack, I concluded. I looked over my shoulder and the podiums were gone. Think.
The cheese I could have fed it with.
The knife I would have killed it with.
What's the middle aspect?

The dog ran at me. The barking and snarling filled my ears as I tried to think.

How do dog's behave?

It was closer now.

How do wolves act? They have the alpha and the omega's. The omega's are submissive while the alpha is the leader. What one.

The dog jumped at me as everything went into slow motion, I pieced it all together. This dog thinks its the alpha.

I fell to my knees and faced downwards. I wasn't scared. So it wouldn't smell fear, only see a submissive subject.

Whimpering made me look up. A small doberman puppy sat in front of me. I pat it on the head. "Don't tell anyone I was submissive, will you?" They only barked while I smiled. I had done it.

"Puppy!" A small girl stood diagonal of me. She reminded me of someone but I wasn't sure who. The dog. My eyes widened as I looked back at the used-to-be-pup. They were now back to full size. I stood up. The dog ran after the young girl. I wasn't sure of what was happening. I didn't try to tackle the dog, I tried to catch up to the girl. The dog was too strong. I wouldn't be able to do anything. My lungs began to hurt as my hands became numb. My eyesight grew dark as I ran faster than the dog. I don't know how. It seemed the dog was getting tired too. The dog jumped towards the girl, I grabbed her arm and spun her away.