Fence

I looked over at Tris who was still sleeping. I couldn't remember her coming into the dormitories last night. She wasn't here when I went to sleep, maybe it was later on. I ignored it and zipped up my jacket. I could feel eyes on the back of my head, I didn't want to turn around so I just ignored them. Ever since I had gotten up, I would catch Daniel looking at me. It made me angry that he still wanted to talk after not even apologising, or telling me why. "Hey." I turned my head and looked at Max. I lent on the ladders and looked at my watch. 8:00.

"Hi." He seemed anxious as he fidgeted with his fingers in his pocket. My eyes looked back up at him as I had a bored look. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. Why do people keep approaching me when I'm clearly pissed?

"Can we talk?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Seems like everyone wants to do that." I sighed and walked out of the room with him. He didn't have his usual defensive or hostile tone. It confused me. "What's up?"

"Christina suggested I talk to you," I raised an eyebrow. "Did you know about Daniel jumping me?" His voice went hushed as I shook my head.

"Not until recently, no." He sighed and looked down as he rubbed at his eyes.

"Well, you see I thought you did. We had a fight of somewhat before hand, but I thought you would do something yourself," He began to ramble as I focused on one part. I thought you did.

"Stop," I put my hand up making him stop his rambling. "You thought I did? Why's that?"

"I can't remember precisely. But I can remember your name coming up at some point." My back straightened as I looked into the room before looking back. "I thought we could... throw everything under the bridge. The first fight, I just said things other people had said. The actual fight I don't mind, you were amazing I'll admit it, I don't mind you going after something personal-"

"Sorry about that by the way." I said quickly.

"It's fine, it was strategy. And a good one. But after everything, can we start over?" I sighed and nodded. He put his hand out and smiled.

"My names is Max Turner. I'm a bit of a dick but mama says I am special on the inside." I laughed at his goofiness. I shook his hand.

"My names is Y/n L/n. A lot of people don't like me cause I come off as hostile." We both smiled as he nodded.

"Nice to meet you."

"You too." Daniel barged past us and walked away towards the train. I shook my head and coughed. "I don't get what his issue is. He was the one that done something wrong, we also haven't been friends for that long. It's becoming tiring." He shrugged and left with a smile. I narrowed my eyes as I watched him leave. I was quite skeptical of people after Daniel. And after the way Max talked about me on the first night, I wasn't really persuaded. I looked at my watch. 8:10.

I looked in the dormitory and saw Tris and Christina still getting dressed or talking. I shook my head and left.

I hadn't gotten used to the path to the train, so I was a little late. People were already on the train and it had started to move. "Shit." I mumbled. I started running, making sure my breathing kept in pace with my steps. I looked up at the door and saw Eric on the other side. He had an eyebrow raised as he watched me. I glared and grabbed onto the handle before pulling myself in.

"I thought I said 8:15 sharp." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I was busy." His eyes narrowed as I blew off his statement. I sat in the door that I had jumped through. Sitting with my legs crossed as I kept a hand on the door to stop me from falling. I wondered where Tris and Christina were since I left before them. They were probably on the train already, I had gotten lost slightly and walked around trying to find the right stairs. I was lucky to catch the train when he said 8:15 sharp, I had gotten here at 8:17 but I already expected the train to have left.