Tattoos

I laid on my bed for about an hour. I could hear people passing about every five minutes. I silently cursed at myself for how stupid I was to let myself get hurt this badly. I wondered how Molly would act once she came back. She fractured a rib. But I gave her a split lip, a busted cheek, two black eyes and a broken nose, not to mention I knocked her out. I sighed and clasped my hands together. I could still feel the ache even though I hadn't moved. I wanted to go get a tattoo after my talk with Four, it would show I was embracing my new faction, I could possibly buy some new clothes as well.

I heard the clicking of boots as someone walked into the room. I was silently scared that it was Molly, I was in no shape to get into an argument or fight with anyone. I didn't want to argue in case I had to shout, I don't think I could handle the tenseness of my body if I shouted.
"Y/n?" I looked over the bars and saw Daniel with Adam. I smiled.

"Hey! Haven't seen you in a while," I said to Adam. He chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah. I've been busy." I looked back towards Daniel with a faltered smile.

"I thought you guys were gonna get tattoos?" He nodded and placed his hands in his pockets.

"We were. They went but I thought we should wait for you. Tris didn't want to cause she didn't want you to hurt or push yourself." I nodded and shook my head.

"She knows better than that." I mumbled.

"Well done on getting first by the way." Adam's eyes widened.

"You got first?" I nodded. "Well done."
I sighed and leant back on the wall.

"I'm so bored. I've sat here for an hour, or has it been longer?" I looked down with furrowed eyebrows. "I feel so useless for some reason. I want to be productive."

"Well in Amity, we were never without work." I nodded and agreed with Daniel.

"No, we weren't." Adam looked around as he kicked the ground.

"Want to... go get tattoos? And possibly clothes?" His head faced down but he was looking at both of us. I looked at Daniel who nodded.

"Sure." I replied. I looked at the ladder and contemplated the best way to get down. I swung my legs over and used my left hand to climb down, having to let go and grab back on. I felt hands around my waist that hoisted me the last little way. I turned around and Daniel smiled. "Thanks." I nodded my head. I grabbed my jacket and shimmied it on the best I could.

We all walked out and started to walk through the hallways. I didn't know where the shops were so I followed behind Adam. It was a quiet walk, we didn't say much. I didn't want to speak anyway. Once we got to where we wanted, then we could speak.

————————

I looked around at all the tattoo stencils. Everything was unique, there were animals, faction insignias, quotes, flowers, and more. I wasn't sure what to get. Adam had already chosen and walked off, he didn't tell us what it was, he wanted to surprise us. Daniel was looking at the insignias, he wanted to get a mix of Amity and Dauntless, flowers would come from the Amity side, and fire from Dauntless.
I wanted to get an animal, a cat possibly.

I always thought cats were marvellous. People think they can tame them and make them house pets, but if we ever stopped feeding them, they would leave, find the closest area with food. They could sustain for themselves. They are technically wild animals. I wanted to be that. Be someone, somebody thought they could tie down, just for me to prove them wrong. Show I can sustain for myself, know when to leave, know when to fight and when to backdown, show my territory without anyone asking questions.