Dirty

Somebody nudged at my shoulder making me groan and turn around. My bed wasn't very comfortable tonight, it's not usually but it's worse than usual. My pillows feel hard, and my feet are hanging off the side. Did I turn around in my sleep? They nudged at my shoulder again making me peek open an eye slightly. It was the Amity nurse from before, she looked at me with what I would think was a smirk if she wasn't looking at me in confusion. I looked up and saw that Christina was still sleeping, I had completely forgot I had slept here last night. Everything passed in a blur, especially my dreams.

"Are you okay?" She spoke in a whisper and smiled at me. I rubbed at my eyes and nodded. "You were crying." I raised an eyebrow as I pulled back my hand and sure enough it was wet. My whole cheek and nose was wet along with Christina's sheets were my head laid. I sniffled and shrugged.

"Don't remember." My throat felt scratchy as I tried to blink away the burning in my eyes. She clasped her hands in front of her and nodded.

"It's breakfast, if you want to go down. Everyone should be waking up right about now." A yawn made both of us look towards Christina, she stretched her arms till her shoulder popped and rubbed at her eyes.

"Breakfast?" I chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, let's go. Or are you gonna get changed first?" I had stayed in my clothes all night, it was hard to change with my ribs and I wanted to postpone it as long as I could.

"Changed, I want to visit Tris." She stood up and groaned slightly as she popped her back. "Walk with me?" I nodded. We waved bye to the nurse and left the medical. It was so early in the morning yet the Pit was bustling. Everyone chattered away as we passed the banister, I couldn't see anyone noticeable, so I guessed everyone was still getting changed. We walked along to the room, passing some people who I didn't recognise. I wondered if I would make more of an effort to learn people's names and faces in Dauntless, it was going to be my home from now on, until I get old. I looked at the stone stairs that were about to collapse, thought about the entrance, all of the dangerous things we would have to do, would we be factionless when we became old?

Christina walked in first and went straight to her bed to get changed, talking to Tris while she walked. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and felt my jeans snag slightly, I would have to get them washed sooner or later, the longer they stayed unwashed the more they would become loose. I looked over at Tris who was looking at her bed, the word 'stiff' was painted red over her covers. My eyes narrowed as I peered over, she technically wasn't a stiff anymore, but she hasn't proven that till she passes initiation, and from her ranking I knew she wasn't doing too well.

"Why do you hang out with her?" I looked to my side and saw Peter. He stood with his hands in his hoodie pockets, I knew immediately when he came to talk to me and asked about her that he had done that. There were many things you could tell about people by the way they acted. Tris always asked me how I knew if she was lying or if someone else was, I just did.

"She's my best friend." I answered plainly. He raised an eyebrow.

"Don't you think she'll be jealous that you're number one?" He smirked and tilted his head. I hated the fact that I had to admit he was good looking, but he did annoy the hell out of me.

"I don't care if she is jealous. If she is, she can talk to me about it, it's her issue not mine. Just like how me being friends with her is not your issue." I walked away over to my bed, I didn't have anything to do I just didn't want to stand talking to him. I lent on the ladder with one leg up and crossed my arms. Al walks into the room and strips the bedding with Tris getting rid of any evidence. People start to leave and I follow suit.

"Hey." I feel an arm wrap itself around my shoulder and I smile.

"Daniel." I greeted. He chuckled as we walked with everyone. "Do you think they changed the names?" He hummed. "After everything yesterday? Do you think they changed the names." He shrugged pushing me forward slightly.