Drunk

I walked around the halls with my hair balled into my fists. I hated how much I had freaked out in the dormitories, but at the same time...

"Fuck." I sigh. I pick my head up and smooth out my hair as I keep walking around the main hallways. I look down the hallways that divide off into different sections, but I'm not really urging to explore right now.

I pass a few people, no faces I recognise or care to remember. But they snicker, as if they have heard of me, know me, have seen me. A crinkling of paper makes my ear twitch as I swing round. A girl with purple hair and a nose piercing, along with an exposed belly button piercing, smirked at me. Her hands twitched behind her as she played with something. I nod to her and turn around and begin walking away. 

"Imagine getting the nicest faction annoyed." I could barely hear it. I looked slightly over my shoulder and see her with her hand over her mouth and talking to another brunette beside her. 

"She must be mental." My back tensed slightly before I took a deep breath. Walk away. That's all I had to do. I started walking until I heard possibly a snicker. Fuck. I spun on my heel and started walking calmly towards the pair. 

They both looked at me confused with sneers on their faces as I grabbed the newspaper. I read the words over, and over again. Before ripping it up. "Hey what are you doing?! That was mine!" I smiled at the purple haired girl. 

"And now it's ripped, what a shame." I felt a shove at my shoulder as the friend stood in front. 

"What is your issue?" 

"I don't know honestly," I shrugged and rubbed the back of my neck. "But what I do know, is that I made the kindest faction hate me, pretty easily as well." I laughed before my face went blank. "I also made them scared of me, not that I meant to. But killing someone does help giving you a bad reputation." The girls stood back slightly. I knew they had heard about some type of accident from the paper, I wasn't sure if it was the whole story. "So maybe I am a bit mental," I nodded to the girl. "Or maybe I am... unscrewed. Something popped. Something... terrifying, but it turned into my best friend, a little hand in the shadows." I smiled at both of them. "Just be happy you actually have friends you can see." 

I turned around and started walking away, at first I was planning on scaring them, frightening them to the point they believed the newspaper, just two more people off of my to-give-a-fuck list. Why didn't I? 

I looked up and saw the medical room. I sighed and looked down. "This place has changed me." A picture flashed in my mind, laughing with Four, crying with Four, shouting at him. "Too much." 

"Hey Y/n." I spun around and saw Tris, Al, Will, and Christina. "You alright?" I nodded to the brunette. 

"What you guys up to?" 

"We've just went to get another tattoo." I nodded and smiled. 

"Cool." Will smiled. 

"You wanna tag along with us?" I hummed as I scratched the back of my neck. 

"Come on." I looked at Al and was almost knocked off of my feet. Something was off about him today. My eyes narrowed slightly before I nodded. 

"Alright." We all began walking, everyone talking amongst themselves. We kept walking until we heard laughing. Looking down to the bridge above the chasm, I saw Four hanging around with a group of people. A bottle of alcohol in his hand as he stumbles and grabs the fence. 

Somehow I knew he was 18. That there must've have been some type of this in him. But I still saw him as the person that taught us. A person that taught me more than I felt necessary, some that I wished came with a contract. A contract that told you what you were getting into, what you would feel, how you would act, and like any good contract, made of paper; easy to burn paper.