Fears

I place my new clothes into the case beside the ladder. Molly had hers under the bed, so I put mine next to the ladder. Doesn't stop her from looking through it but makes it less likely. I look around at the empty dorm, this was one of our last free days before our last test and being placed... or kicked. I nod slowly to myself. Most of the people I have came to recognise won't be here anymore. I look around at the beds. Damn.

I quickly walk out of the dorm. This is meant to be one of my last days in there, but I can't stand hanging around ghosts beds. I walk out of the door, a quick scent of lemongrass hits me and makes me dizzy. I hold my head and begin to breathe through my mouth, but I had already smelled the last of it, and it stuck in the back of my throat. 

I take a shaky breath and begin walking again. My boots hit off of the concrete making some sound echo. Every time I cross a corner my eyes go first, then my body. I done a click flick down the halls, not slow enough to catch the actual hallway, but enough to tell if someone was looming around. 

I sit on the banister that encases the Pit. I always swore that these would fall if you put too much weight on them. But now, I wasn't so sure. I sat on them, my legs facing forward, so I would fall forward into the Pit. But they weren't budging. Maybe the occasional groan of protest from the metal, and the scraping of the paint latching itself onto my jeans. But they never moved. I look over at the Chasm. 

It wasn't an accident. 

I place my hands on the bars and look up, a small sigh leaving my lips. I look at the small raindrops hitting the glass ceiling. I could barely hear them, but I could see them, and that was enough. I slowly felt the cold tingling sensation come up my arms as I remembered laying in the rain. Just laying down. The cold drops on my face as they fell towards my hair. The back of my shirt slowly soaking from the outside in. The rain falling down my hands that were clasped on my stomach, and rolling down my arms. 

A smile made its way onto my face as The drops hit the glass. I want to be outside

My eyes flicked to a face on the stairs. I make eye contact with them as they raise an eyebrow at me sitting. "What you doing up there?" A small smirk made its way onto his face. 

"What're you doing down there?" I shrug. I swing my legs and step off of the banister. Standing at the bottom of the steps. 

"You okay?" Why did Four need to go to the fear landscape? That was a question I had hoped to find out. He stayed silent for a moment before nodding his head towards him. I smile and start climbing the steps, the raindrops slowly becoming louder. As I made it closer to Four I had started to hear speaking, looking over my shoulder as I walked I saw Christina and Will, then Tris.

I quickly turn away and follow Four as we start walking up. "Where are we going?" 

"You already know." There was something different about him right now. His voice sounded calm, but that wasn't it. It wasn't the slouched poster. He just felt... different. I started breathing heavily as we climbed up the stairs that were planning on killing me. My hairs on the back of my neck stood up making me stop. I took this moment to catch my breath. Four turned and looked at me, his eyes flicking down the stairs for a moment before back to me. "Are you okay?" 

I wave him off as I try to ignore Tris looking at us. "Yep." I hold my chest as I straighten back up. I look over my shoulder slightly, peaking through my hair and seeing Tris looking quite blatantly while walking with the other two. I shake my head and put my hair into a ponytail. "Lets go." Four nodded and started walking beside me instead of in front. 

After a few minutes we were outside of the fear landscape room. "I'll just wait for you, make sure you don't need tucked in after scaring yourself." I said with a breathless chuckle. Four shrugs as he holds a black box and a syringe he had gotten before.