"I did say so."

I still think my eyes are closed when I open them. I couldn't see anything, and my head was pounding. I brought my hand to my head and instantly pulled it away, wincing as I did. Something cold stuck to my eyelids, making it hard to blink. I tried to feel my way around, barely being able to move as my hand went around the wall. 

Someone must have been watching me because blue lights turned on and I saw my reflection in a piece of glass. I look around me realising I am in a tube of some sort. I looked at my reflection more, I had dried blood from a cut on my forehead going over my eye, and it was smudged now from my hand. I look at my side, the wound had stopped bleeding now. "Y/n?" I look to my right and see another tube with a girl inside. 

"Tris?" I use the glass to push myself up. Her shoulder was red and her shirt was ripped. "You got shot?" She pointed to my side. 

"So did you." She looks around the room more. "Where's Four?" My breath hitches as my memories start to flood back to me. I held my head as I shook it. I look at her and smile. 

"Jeanine has him under some sort of simulation that can counter divergence." I held my neck which felt bruised. "He tried to kill me." Tris stepped back for a moment before looking behind me. 

"What's that?" I look over my shoulder. A giant tank sat in the middle of the room. I look around more seeing a small camera and tubes that led into our cases. I knelt down, it wasn't right at the bottom, but it wasn't in the middle. I ran my finger along it, feeling slight wetness. My face fell as I stepped back. 

"You can swim right?" She looked at me for a moment before her eyes widened. 

"Oh God." She walked farthest away from the tube, same as me. I start to pound my hand on the glass, it only reverberated and hurt my hand. I lay my head on the glass as Tris began to cry. I look up at the camera. 

"Can you hear me?" I whispered. "If you can," I start speaking up more as I pound my hand on the glass. "Tell Jeanine, I'm fucking coming for her!" When I finished speaking I heard trickling. I look down at the tube and see water beginning to fill the bottom of the glass. "Shit." I look around once more. There was nothing I could do, I was going to drown. I slid down and sat in the water, nodding my head slightly. There were so many reasons I could have came up with before as to why I should fight, but I couldn't think of any now. 

Christina was gone. Tobias doesn't know me anymore. Jeanine was going to get what she wanted. 

The dried blood on the ground began to mix with the water as it tinged it a rosy colour. I look up at the camera. I felt gone, I was dead. I continued to stare at the camera as the water began to wrap around my waist. I took a deep breath, it was cold. "Y/n stand up." 

"What's the point?" I laid my head against the glass. "You'll get out, you always do. I'll be dead, Christina will be your best friend, you will have Tobias. You'll have everything." She pounded her hand on the glass. 

"You already have everything! And you're going to give it up!" I sigh and look at my legs which were nearly submerged under water. "What happened to no one can kill you? That you would fight till your last breath." My eyes begin to burn. 

"I already have Tris!" I scream. I stand up and bang my fist back into the glass while looking at her. "I'm tired. I'm so fucking tired. I'm shot, I have a rib that is screwed and my head hurts. Why can't I have this one thing, why do you have to try and ruin it?!" 

"Because you'll ruin it for everyone else." I stop as she looks at me. Her eyes kept flickering towards the camera. "I'll admit it, I hated that you got Four. But I saw you two on the train, I saw your muscles relax, and his thumb running over your hand. It's a simulation Y/n, it can be undone. And what do you think is going to happen when he wakes up and you're dead? Knowing that the last thing he tried to do was kill you. What about Christina?" I started to shiver as the water climbed up past my ribs. "They want to see you, they want to watch you live." I raise an eyebrow. They don't know what they want, they don't know who they are. Her eyes lasted longer on the camera before looking back at me. 

I nod. The water starts to get to our necks as we begin to float. I knew what she meant now, Erudite was watching us, trying to prove we were weak-willed. I take a deep breath as the water covers my face, I slowly let out bubbles as I sit. I tell myself over and over to relax, that my lungs weren't burning. I close my eyes and feel the water, the coldness, the smoothness. I opened my eyes quickly and see a dark figure. I stare at them for a moment till they raise their arm and two quick bullets are put through both tanks. I swam with the water as I fell out and began gasping for breath. 

"Mum?" I sigh and lay on the ground before waving. 

"Hi Mrs Prior." I look up and see her wearing a shirt, a small tattoo under her armpit. "Shit." 

"Language." I smile. 

"You were Dauntless?" Tris looks at her in shock as Mrs Prior begins to use her jacket as a sling for Tris' arm. 

"Yes, and it served me well today." She looks down at me and helped me up. She offers a hand before I wave her off. My side wasn't hurting much anymore, I don't know how long I was passed out, but it was their mistake to do that. The two begin to talk about a safe house as I pop my shoulder. 

"Do you have an extra gun?" Mrs Prior throws me a normal handgun, I check the ammunition before putting it into the back of my jeans. Mrs Prior begins to run with Tris before looking back at me. 

"Y/n, we have to go." I shake my head and point to a back door with a stair sign on it. 

"You guys have your place, I have mine." Tris turns. 

"You can't save Tobias and take on Jeanine yourself." 

"The only threat there is soldiers and an un-hinged Tobias. I'm sure I could take on Jeanine and her shrinks." I turn on my heel and walk towards the door. I left before they could say anything as I walked up the stairs. I had wasted time, but I would prefer not to run up three flights of stairs. My plan was to get to the top floor of the headquarters and look through the windows, if I had a sniper...

I run up the last flight and poke my head in, there was no soldiers which must mean that Jeanine is no longer here. My eyes narrow and I walk to the biggest window which face the school. I sit for a moment and survey the area. There were crowds of black uniforms and grey clothing. There was also someone standing next to them watching. I look at the roads. "Got it." I begin to run back down the stairs to the first floor and run out of the building. 

I stand at the door with my hand on the handle. I had to be brave, it didn't matter how many people were out there. Only three mattered, Will, Christina and Tobias. And I couldn't save any of them without leaving. 

"You act as if you can't be killed just because you said so!"

I smirk as I push open the door. "I did say so."

1386 words. Sorry this is a little short, it was a short chapter and I'm trying to keep it in flow with the book.