Trouble

My legs swing in the air as I sit on the branch of an old oak tree. I loved being up here, especially during the afternoons. Sadly, it wasn't an afternoon. It was a morning. 9:50 and counting. I moved my head to the side as a rock flew past.

"Get down freak!" I lean my head on my hand and stare into the distance. I could see the farms past the Amity headquarters. It was peaceful.

A stone flew past my cheek and cut it smoothly. I brought my hand to my cheek and wiped off a drop of blood. I always thought I could have Amity as a home. My blood was red, and the colours of Amity include red. They were just two different shades, weren't they?

"Get down! Before we come and get you down!" I nodded my head and stood up. Holding onto a branch, the bark pushing into my hand. I look down at the kids, I looked at their faces but they seemed blurred. I couldn't make out a single feature.

"Catch me first." My voice was flat, I sounded used to this. I probably was. I started running through the different trees, hearing the shouts behind me getting farther and farther away.

I started to slow down, my breathing ragged. I lent my head on the tree I had landed on. A small smile made it's way onto my face. The breeze, the sounds of leaves, the train rushing along the tracks towards me.

I opened my eyes and pushed away the leaves in front of me. It was night time now, mum must be wondering where I am. I see the light getting closer to me, I could feel my pupils shrink as the train arrived.

My legs moved before I told them to, I started sprinting. I got closer to the train and started running beside it. Feeling the wind prickle my eyes. "Jump." I look to my side.

Four stood there with a smirk on his face, leaning against the other side of the train, looking out towards me. My eyes narrowed as I looked at the handle.

I didn't want to grab it, something bad was going to happen. I shook my head and jumped, grabbing onto the handle. I smiled and began to pull myself up, slipping slightly and feeling nothing beneath me. I took a sharp inhale of breath and looked to where I had came from. It was only tracks, no evidence of anything for me to run on.

I tried to pull myself up, feeling my arms begin to give up. "Help me." I looked at Four who stared me down, no longer smirking.

"You're Dauntless now, you have to overcome silly things such as body issues." My eyes narrowed as I glared at the taller boy.

"Help me up, Four." He shook his head.

I might as well get this over with. I don't even know what this fear is supposed to be. Another version of falling? Another version of being left? Probably just dying because I didn't have control.

I had to figure out a way that looked Dauntless enough and didn't seem sketchy.

I tried pulling myself up again, feeling my arms give way and cause me to dangle. The carts bounce up and down, the tracks rumbling and creaking. I look over at the area where the carts separate. There's doors there, isn't there.  I take a deep breath and grab onto the borders on the windows. My hands were sweaty as I made my way across, refusing to look down.

The wind keeps whipping around me and kept trying to push me away from the train. My knuckles turned white and my fingers started to feel stiff as I held tighter. I looked around the corner and saw the door and the clip that held the two carts together. I took a deep breath and swung my leg around, managing to catch my toes in the hole of the clip. The wind pushed at me more as I pushed myself forward, grabbing onto the door frame and bringing my other foot onto the clip. Before the train rustled again I pushed myself into the door and sat down.