Mental

"That was amazing!" I hummed and nodded. My hands were placed in the pockets of my jeans as we walked steadily along the Pit, towards the cafeteria. I try to smooth my hair down the best I can before we walk into the cafeteria itself. Tris walks into the crowd of Dauntless and stands for a good moment before getting waved over by Shauna.
I look around at all of my peers. I notice who went down the zip-line by their hair, most people's hair was either, a mess, or sticking up. I roll my eyes and walk over to my usual table.

"Where were you two?" I looked at Christina and shrugged.

"Nowhere special." I looked over at Tris and noticed the big grin on her face. I looked at her eyes, they seemed bright as usual, but there was something behind them, something horrid. Tris sat down beside me, in her new seat. I looked at the space and felt oddly anxious, I didn't like that we had swapped seats now.

"You both missed Christina almost punching an Erudite." My eyes flicker over to Al. "He was here asking for opinions about the Abnegation leadership, and Christina told him there were more important things for him to be doing." I nodded.

"Which she was completely right about," Will added. "And he got testy with her. Big mistake."

"Huge." Tris starts smiling, staring at Christina. I look at Christina, she looked fine, but something was brewing behind her eyes as well. I looked between the two and coughed slightly.

"Have I ever told you how much I'm proud of you?" Christina turned and looked at me, smiling.

"No, but you should do so more." I nod.

"Anyway, if you're not going to tell the whole story, I will..." Al starts diving into his story. I look at him and try to listen, but my thoughts keep leaving me.

They keep disappearing. I can't think about anything else apart from the next part of initiation. They are going to be in my head, he is going to be. Will they be able to tell what I am?

I take a deep shaky breath and ignore the look from Will, focusing on Al and his story.

--------------------------------------

My shoe taps against the tiled floor, this is probably the only room in this entire compound with done up... anything. I looked around at all of the initiates, then towards the door we all disappeared through confidently and reappeared shaken and scared to our bones.

I looked at the dauntless born initiates. We were separated for the first half of initiation, and now we were going to be sorted together. Just how tough is this?

"Which one of you ranked first?" I looked at Lynn and glared slightly. I didn't answer and ignored her prying look.

"Y/n." I looked at Daniel. His mood was sour. He grumbled my name with distaste. I still don't understand why he hated me, at first he acted like a great friend, but he was slightly clingy, but at soon as he is in the wrong I get the bitch treatment.

Lynn looked me up and down before sneering. "Bet I could take you." I leaned forward on my elbows and sneered at her.

"I'd like to see you try." I spoke quietly and pulled back. I focused my attention back on the door as people talked amongst themselves. The door opened shortly after and Four walked out. His eyes scanned us, I don't know why, he placed us in these seats.

"Lynn." I watched her stand up and walk into the room, a faint blue hue taking over her face as she walks into the room. I look back at Four, he looks at me for a moment before walking in.

"Talk to me and I hurt you." A sharp breath makes me turn to my side and see Daniel.

"What was that about?" Talking to Daniel was like a small thread being pulled. The more you pull it, the more it is going to split. "You and Four." My thread was starting to become pretty thin, I don't know what would happen when it snapped. "Those flirty eyes." I could see the strings untangling, slowly splitting from themselves. "Of course they couldn't be, he's a trainer and you're a trainee." The splitting slowed slightly. "But I don't blame you." My head began to hurt as my strings began to unfurl. "Every girl is throwing themselves at him, I didn't take you to be such a whore."