"I hope you guys like heights."

I ran around the roads, doing my best to remember where the groups were. I would occasionally pick up a new gun whenever I passed by a soldier. I had my handgun and an assault rifle that doubled as a sniper. I hear gun shots as something drops to the ground and the person runs. I peek around the wall and see a soldier laying down. I let out a breath of relief and walk over to them. And my breath stops.

The brown hair, the fluffy brown hair that shook whenever he laughed. "Oh God." I nearly scream as my stomach begins to churn. I walk over to him and kneel. "Oh my God, Will!" I began to sob as I looked at him, his face still blank. "Oh honey, I'm so sorry." I look around, looking for any sign of who could have shot him. I begin to hear marching as I try to cry quietly. The marching got louder, pushing me away from the body. "I'm so sorry, Will." I turn back around and began to run.

I wipe away my tears, sneaking around corners and taking small alleys to stay out of sight. I just ran, not sure where I should be going, but the picture of Will laying there stayed stuck in my mind. The bullet to the head was something I would never be able to forget. Now that I was far away, or so I hoped, I wished that I had closed his eyes.

I stop after a while, going into a house and sitting with my back to the door. I run my hands through my hair and sit for a moment. Dauntless soldiers were still roaming about and I could hear their boots crush the gravel. 

For a long moment, maybe a few minutes. I wanted to cry. Not for Four. Or Will. Or the enslaved Dauntless. But for myself. I wanted to scream and throw things, create holes in walls while tears streamed down my face and blotched my cheeks red. I had finally became happy, I was hopeful that I had a home. Why did this all have to happen to me? Why did it have to happen while I was here? 

I curled into myself like a child, and I am a child. I am a child who chose to learn how to kill. I am a child who has seen so many dead body's. Who has nearly been one herself. "I can't do this." My voice broke as ragged sobs left my chest. I gripped at my hair as my scalped burn when I tightened my grip. I try my best not to scream, Tris had managed to convince me to live in the water tanks, but now.... 

I look around the house I have settled in through tears. I wonder if this is the kind of home Four grew up in, something clean and showed a stable family. And I remember his fear landscape, how as a grown man who had trained endlessly, was still a child. How he must be so confused from the serum, continuously seeing his enemies everywhere. 

I think back to how my lungs burned when I was being killed, twice in one day. And if this day goes any better, I might add another onto that. But the person that stared at me, I couldn't say wasn't Tobias. He wasn't being mind controlled, his vision was only altered to see things he hated. And it scared me that what I saw staring back at me was honestly my boyfriend. 

I look at myself in the reflection of a glass vase. My face was blotched, my hair was damp, I looked like I hadn't slept in days. I let out a harsh breath as I look at myself. I soon start to laugh and place my head on the door. "Oh God, what am I doing?" I ask nobody as I smile to myself. "I'm number fucking one." I stand up and dust off my jeans. "Eric wishes he could kill me." I step out of the house and look at my guns, all of them were just going to slow me down. I dropped my assault rifle and checked my bullets in the pistol. 

I didn't want to kill Tobias, and I wanted to kill Jeanine with my own hands. That left many bullets spare. I smirk as I start walking, I question where Tobias could be. I look at the glass building and stare. The Erudite headquarters would be too easy. Jeanine mentioned something about something being left defenceless, she also sent Four to the control rooms where he used to work. I start to run, making my way to the quickest train tracks, the ones by the school. 

I climb up the hill I used to watch Dauntless-born jump down and stop. The train tracks begin to shake as I hear the train get closer. I stretch my arms and begin to run once it pasts me, I look at the carriages and jump forward catching onto a handle. I pull myself in and sigh. "Y/n?" I look to my side and see people in Abnegation clothing. Tris stand and looks at me. 

"You had the same idea?" She nods. I sit by the door and look at the people who were with her. I recognised Tris' father, Caleb and Marcus. I point at Marcus. "What's he doing here?" Tris raises an eyebrow as my eyes narrow towards the man. 

"He insisted since he is good with computers." I scoff and lay my head back. 

"Like father like son." Tris got more confused before looking from me to Marcus. 

"You know my son?" I shrug. 

"Yeah, though he goes by Four now." Tris' eyes widen as her mind begins to click. She looks at me as if almost asking for conformation that what she thought was happening, actually happened. I nod and her face turns sour. 

"Like the number?" 

"Exactly like the number." I reply. I look through the group again. "Where is your mom?" Tris looks down for a moment and I nod. "Will too." I see her fist clench and I immediately want to scream and start to cry again. "Christina is going to be broken, you better tell her." Tris nods. I think for a moment. I was glad to not be only one on this train, but knowing that Tobias would wake up and see his father almost made my heart stopped. 

Would he be mad? Scared? Sad? 

Would he hate me for bringing him and not stopping him from joining the moment I knew? 

My thoughts are shaken away as I begin to see the familiar buildings. "I hope you guys like heights." 

1129 words.