"I love you too."

I had accepted my fate, but it didn't accept me. My heart leapt into my throat when I opened my eyes and saw Tobias continue to stare at me, threatening my life.  Why didn't he just shoot me? He is divergent, he can defy any simulation. I knew that. But I was having doubts the longer we stared at each other. "Tobias, I need you to shoot me." I almost started crying again as I wrapped my arms around his torso and begged. "Please." 

I could hear his heart beat quicken, a thump against my cheek, a thump on the floor. We both fell to the ground as he let go of the gun and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "Y/n." I hated how much this man caused me to cry, but it seemed to be the only thing I could do as I buried my face into his clothing. 

I can't think. I wasn't crying because Tobias was back, I was crying because that meant I couldn't have what I wanted. Dying seemed to be the only way out of this ever-lasting war. I had only just realised how much I wanted to die when I felt the gun pressed against me. Laying in Tobias' arms made me re-think all of that, but I knew that if I lost him I would die in more ways than one. And I was scared again. 

I look up at him as I brush at his face. "Are you actually back?" I cupped his face as I tried to figure out if I was dead or not. I had to stop being selfish, because I wanted something doesn't mean I should have it. Dying wouldn't get rid of my issues, they would pass onto someone else. And I saw that damn smile. I laughed and grabbed his face as I pulled him in quickly. 

This kiss was different than the others. I was scared to pull away, in case if all of this was fake and I would see the gun still pointed at my head. I ran my hands through his hair and pulled back. Tobias picked us both up as we stood and stayed together. Once I had stopped crying I pulled back and slapped him. He held his cheek and looked at me shocked. "That was for trying to kill me." A smile goes onto his face as his eyes began to shine. My face fell as I heard him start to gasp slightly. 

I had never thought I would see Tobias cry. He grabbed my waist and pulled me back in, his face buried into the crook of my neck. I ran my hands through his hair. "I've never been happier to be hit by you." I start laughing as I pull away again and smile at him. And I remember why we are here. My eyes widen as I walk over to the computers. 

"We need to stop the simulation." We stood as I looked over all of the monitors. 

"Did I control it?" I shake my head. 

"More monitored it." I didn't know what to say, all of this had happened so suddenly. I see movement on a camera and see Peter, Marcus and Caleb being surrounded by Dauntless soldiers. I saw someone struggle against them and saw Tris be pushed into the circle. "We need to stop this, now!" Tobias begins to tap the screen quickly, I don't understand any of what he is doing but all I can see is Peter, Tris and Caleb getting ready to fight. Marcus continued to cower, but that wasn't any of my concern. 

A shot rings out and everyone falls to the ground. "Tobias!" He clicks the screen again and everyone on the first floor stops moving. Their arms fall and the Dauntless begin to move their heads. Some began to shout while others curled into a ball and begin to shake. Any tension in my chest left as I let out a deep breath. Tobias crouches and begins to do something else on the computer. 

"I need to collect the data or they will just run the simulation again." I look at every monitor. Clusters of black clothing begin to run or fight. I watch silently, everyone will be waking up and realise they committed mass-murder. Dauntless will never be trusted again, especially if someone doesn't explain why they had done it. "Got it." He hands me the hard rive which was no bigger than his palm. I place it into my back pocket and we begin to move. 

"We've got to go." I point towards screens which showed people becoming frantic. A scared person holding a gun wasn't a good thing. 

"Yes, we do." We run out of the room and I look down the hall were Andrew had ran. My eyes avert to the floor as we run into the elevator.