Christina

I walked back to the dormitories with my hands running through my hair every few seconds. I couldn't get the past few moments out of my head. A heavy feeling laid on my chest. I noticed when I had opened the door that it was slightly ajar, I had completely closed it when I had entered, and I knew that Four would have fully closed it when he came in. Who was there?

That wasn't the biggest thing on my mind. Not being humiliated for hugging and nearly kissing my trainer. Or having someone see me be so vulnerable. The biggest thing was knowing I still had tests coming up and that I had hugged and nearly kissed my trainer.

I left. I had left in probably the worst possible way, without saying anything. In some way I was glad I left. He didn't try to stop me, I wasn't sure if he just respected my choice, or if it was because the whole thing was an accident. A heat of the moment passion.

I looked at the opening to the dormitories and took my hands out of my hair. I wonder if the person who saw is in here. I shook my head before walking in with a blank face. I thought about my face in the mirrors of the aptitude test room, why would someone want to do anything with that? Something that looked so dead. Surely it was a fluke, he would be better with Tris.

Tris.

My face hardened as soon as I walked into the room and saw long blonde hair cascading down someone's back in a messy ponytail. I stared for a moment before turning away and looking at the room. No one else is here. I hummed and walked towards my bed. "I thought you didn't like him." I stopped walking with my head looking down. A smirk made its way onto my face.

"How long have you rehearsed that?" A bed creaked before I heard bare feet make their way towards me. I looked up as she stopped in front of me. I turned my full body towards her as I looked down at her. "Thought I didn't like him?"

"You said you didn't have a crush on him." I nodded. My eyes felt itchy as I stopped them from twitching into a glare. My lips trying to curl into a sneer.

"And I don't. Just because you saw a part of the story doesn't mean you can quote it." I felt breathless as I knew this wouldn't lead to anything good. My chest hurt as I spoke so badly of what happened. Tris went to speak but I cut her off. "I was having a bad day. I didn't know he would hug me, that's all that happened." I didn't know how much she saw, but I didn't see her when I picked up my jacket so she must have only seen the hug. I might have lied to her, but it was better than making the situation worse than it already was.

"Why do I not believe you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What part?"

"All of it." I sighed and turned away.

"I'm not going to do this, Beatrice." I spat out her name as I walked to my bed. She stayed in the same spot as I knelt down under the bottom bunk and began to look through my bag for something more comfortable to wear. "You might as well leave. I'm not going to fight with you." The room was silent except for the shaky breaths coming from me, and the rummaging of my clothes.

I stood up and turned around to look at her. I placed my clothes on my bunk before crossing my arms. I looked over her face as she watched me closely. Her eyes are narrowed. She's thinking. Her eyebrows are twitching slightly. She's agitated. Her jaw is moving up and down slightly. She is chewing the inside of her cheek. "You're thinking that hard about a hug?" My eyebrow raised as I looked at her with amusement. I never saw the analytical side of Tris that much because of Abnegation.

"What changed? You or him? Or was it always you and him and you didn't have the guts to tell me?" I shook my head.

"It was just a hug for gods sake!" I threw my arms up. I looked at Tris and tried to understand what is making her think so hard about one little thing. I narrowed my eyes slightly before shaking my head and sighing. I ran my hands down my face before grabbing my clothes and walking to the bathrooms, to get some distance between me and Tris.
I quickly got changed, not caring if she was still there, into my black joggers and black tank top. I grabbed my discarded clothes and threw them into the wash pile in the corner of the room before swiping my hoodie off the corner of my bed and pulling it on. I walked out the room ignoring the blonde girl sitting on her bed with her head in her hands.