"I don't know"

I lay down, my hands on my stomach. The clock on the wall ticked endlessly, I counted along with it. I had been counting since eleven, secretly hoping to fall asleep, like the trick of counting sheep when you were a kid. But I would instantly awaken when the feeling of guilt dropped into my stomach, that is why I held it, I tried to stop the dropping, it didn't work.

I promised Four I would meet him at 11:30. It was currently eleven o'clock, twenty-four minutes, and twenty-seven seconds. I would be leaving in thirty seconds, twenty-nine, twenty-eight. It seemed to pass by endlessly but I knew it would end soon, and I would have to face my now relationship.

I didn't want to.

But I got up anyway, and climbed down. I walked through the halls, taking it slow. I had grown used to the winding stone walls, and knew where I would be going. I could make it there in two minutes if I put a bit of speed into it, but I wanted a moment to myself.

I had laid for an hour after lights out, too scared to go to sleep, and too excited. It didn't feel like time alone, the breathing, the soft snores, the rustling of bed sheets; all reminded me that I wasn't alone. And I couldn't say what I wanted to myself to make it true. There was something about talking into the night air, saying something you didn't want to admit. It was blissful.

I look up and see I'm already by Four's door. Deja vu rang through my head as I wanted to turn around and say, 'sorry I forgot!' 'I must've fell asleep waiting!'. But I didn't. I didn't do either of those things, because then I wouldn't be able to sleep.

I knocked on the door softly. The compound was loud during the day, no one made any notice of normal sounds. At night, it was a lie. Noise wasn't something until proven.

The door creaked open as Tobias quickly stepped out. I had started thinking of him as Four until I saw him, then he was Tobias. "You ready?" I nod. He grabs my hand as we start making our ay towards the train tracks. I had never questioned if the trains still ran at this time unless it was for practice. Someone must control them, so maybe they just stay on all night for the Dauntless. Maybe they stop after sometime and start again before school.

There were a lot of questions I would never get answered because of my faction. But I would like to be enlightened once in a while.

The lights of the train quickly pass us, making it to the roof just in time. Just.

Tobias continued to pull me with him as he jumped onto the train with ease, swinging himself around on the handle and pulling me in by my waist. I look down at the building as it slowly left and became a drop. "Can you tell me why we're here?" His hand clenched around my waist before letting go. I shake my head and smile.

Falling to the floor, I get dragged down as well. He places his back to the wall and I face him. I stretch out my legs as I place my hands behind me. The wind from the door whipped my hair in front of my face, as the air became colder. The train slowed, meaning we must be getting closer to the middle of the city. "Where are you taking me?" I look at him from the corner of my eye to see a smirk.

"Who said I'm taking you anywhere?" The smirk turned into a smile. My stomach churned as I thought about how cute he was. And my heart started to break a I thought about everything. From the factions to the arguments. None of this would last, I just hope it would be later.

I leaned forward. "I'm cold." Tobias raised his eyebrow.

"Should have brought," He looked down. "Clothes." It was my turn to raise an eyebrow.

"You didn't tell me where we were going! I didn't know I had to change." I huffed and crossed my arms, a sneer on my face as goose bumps started to form on my legs. A hand placed itself onto my jaw and turned it, I faced Tobias as he smiled. "What?" I spat. He moved forward as he placed his lips on mine.