"Surrender your weapons"

I sit and fiddle with my fingers, I had been trying to find Tobias after the banquet so I could talk to him privately, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I planned to find him after everyone had gone to sleep, but the fear landscape had taken more of me than I had thought. My brain was still trying to understand how it wasn't real but felt like it was. My shoulders were beginning to ache and my back felt like it would explode. Soon, I could feel myself drift off to a dream land. 

"Y/n," I groaned and swatted at the hand that pushed at me. "Y/n." 

"What?!" I sat up and looked around. Tris looked at me worriedly as I noticed everyone awake and putting on clothes. "It's started." She nods. 

"Christina wouldn't listen to me." I start cursing under my breath as I climb down. 

"Get dressed, do whatever they do." She nods and rushes towards her bed. I whip off my pyjamas and pull on whatever I could grab first. Leather jeans and a black top with a low v-line. I grabbed my boots and tucked the laces into the shoes. Tris and I nodded to each other as we got up and began to follow the crowd. 

I look at everyone's faces. They were sunken, devoid of anything. They all just walked with their backs straight, looking like soldiers when they march. I stayed in the single line, doing my best to copy their mannerisms. 

We start to march towards the Pit, taking a left just before the entrance. I spotted Max in one of the hallways silently watching us. I do my best to keep my face still and make it look like I'm focusing on nothing. I try to keep my face forward and not take a look at the Dauntless leader. As I pass him, his eyes go right over me and towards the brain dead people behind me. 

We walk through corridors and up flights of stairs I have never seen before. It was suddenly getting overwhelming knowing that one step out of line and I was dead. We walk through one more hallway till we enter into an open cavern full of Dauntless people. I could feel my eyes widen slightly before going back to normal. 

There was a table of guns in front of all the lines and I could remember Eric saying yesterday that everyone had been injected meaning; Erudite now had hard-wired killing machines that had no feelings and no say. The line moved forward and picked up a gun, a holster and belt. I take a deep breath and copy Christina. I didn't have much issue except for when she done something fast. I looked around every few seconds making sure I wasn't being watched. 

Once I had my gun I follow everyone else to the exit. I try to think where we would be going. Dauntless had issues with everyone, but Dauntless wasn't in control. Erudite was. And all Erudite wanted to do was become the government. I look towards Tris. Abnegation was in trouble, I look around at the trained soldiers, big trouble. 

I take a deep breath and try to bring on that disgusting feeling of nothing. The one where emotions aren't a thing. I needed to bring on that calm so that I could think rationally, and so that I could behave like the brain dead's. 

People started to disappear into a dark hallway and I followed, not being able to see where I was going. A smash of pain went through my leg as I stumbled forward, I put my hands out and grabbed something cold and crumbling. I push myself back up and quickly climb the stairs. We take a turn and the hallway starts to light up, Christina being revealed to me again. I copy her again as we walk past a Dauntless leader who stared at all of us. It wasn't hard to tell who Dauntless leaders were now, they're the only ones awake. 

They aren't the only ones awake. I'm awake too. All divergents are. My eyes widened as I begin to look around for Tobias. I had no clue where he is. I wasn't sure if he was divergent, i wasn't sure if I wanted him to be. But I didn't want to fight him either.