Stage One Complete

Christina and I ran back to the dormitories, occasionally looking over our shoulders, keeping an eye out for Eric. We burst into the room and started laughing. I ignored the looks of everyone else as I grabbed onto the rim of a bed for support, as my stomach began to hurt. I watched as Christina fell to the floor making me laugh harder. My chest began to hurt as my laughing turned to wheezing. "Oh my god, here," I reached out my hand and helped her up. We both leaned on each other as we walked over to her bed and sat down.

"That. Was. Amazing! Did you hear him getting annoyed?" I nodded with a big grin on my face. "Do you think he knows it was us?" I shook my head quickly.

"No way, the grate was on before he came in." She nodded.

"Before 'who' came 'where'?" I looked up and saw Tris. A small smile lingered on my lips as I shrugged. I nudged Christina and motioned towards Tris.

"It doesn't matter." Tris' eyes narrowed as her arms crossed. My eyebrows knitted together as I looked at her. Was she mad that Christina was hanging out with me? I looked at the watch on her wrist, turning my head slightly to the left.

"What?" Tris looked down with furrowed brows before looking back at me. I shrugged and smiled.

"Just excited for the final rankings." Tris' face turned red slightly as her eyes widened. She forgot? I looked at Christina. She played with her fingers and quietly mumbled to herself. I wondered if she was even talking or if her lips were just moving.

"How do you think we done?" Christina spoke up. Her voice was somewhat low as she stared at her legs. I bit my lip and looked around at everyone in the room. Some people are going to be cut tonight.  I won't see these people for the rest of my life, or until I can't do this anymore. "We know you've done well, but..." She looked up at Tris. I nodded to myself. I haven't been paying attention to how well Tris has been doing, I know that she has improved. But has she improved enough?

"You two will be fine." The words taste sour. I want to believe that they will be okay, but I don't know how anyone will be with Eric assessing us. I looked back at Tris' watch and sighed. I stood up and wiped my hands on my jeans. "Dinner?" They both nodded.

Christina walked between Tris and I. It was a small gesture, but it was enough for anyone who knows us to realise something is wrong. My head feels like it is going to explode from everything, Tris and I fighting, transferring, rankings... Four. My eyes darted forward as I looked at our table. When did we get here? I looked at my usual seat and felt my jaw slack. After having the cry in the janitors closest, I'm not sure if I can muster to be embarrassed or be sad about any of the events today anymore. If anything, I was beginning to get annoyed. He really was everywhere. My eyes narrowed as I looked at other seats occupying the table.

A hand rested on my shoulder. "Come on, it won't be that bad." I rolled my eyes as I took my tray from Christina.

"Thanks." I mumbled. She nodded and walked to her usual seat. "I hate it here." I sighed and walked over to the table with a soft smile. I tried my best to stop my legs from shaking, as I went to sit in my seat. "Hey Tris," I turned and looked at her with a smirk. Tris' eyes looked over me cautiously.

"Yes?" My smirk grew. I couldn't tell if I was feeling guilty with my actions, all I knew is that I was eager to get away from everything. Have a moment to myself, even if I still would be sitting next to Tris, she wouldn't talk to me with everyone here.

I would be away from Four, even if it is only two seats.

A heavy feeling left my chest as I thought all about the positives of moving seats. "Want to switch?" I smiled. Tris raised an eyebrow as her eyes flickered towards Four's spot. My smile wavered slightly as I also realised the negatives. But I left... I didn't have a place to say anything. She nodded with a small smile. I moved out of the way as she sat in my old seat and I sat in hers. I looked up after placing down my tray, meeting Will's confused look. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked between me and Tris.