Have fun readers :)

I get pulled along with Four, walking along the side of the Pit. I feel awkward holding his hand while walking. Am I holding to hard? Is it not hard enough? Is my hand sweaty? I gulp. My breathing struggles to stay normal. A soft feeling passes over my hand. I stop obsessing over what I'm doing and look down. Four's thumb slowly passes over the back of my hand as he walks. I smile slightly as he takes me down a narrow path that I had never noticed. "Creative." 

"What?" He looks down at me. I listen to the Chasm as we go past it, down to the rocks at the bottom. 

"Four. Four fears." He smirks slightly and nods. My eyebrows furrow. "Did you change your name when you came to Dauntless?" 

"No, people just started calling me Four." I nod. I went to ask something. "No, they haven't changed. Can't make any progress with any of them." I nod. 

"Well... if they stay you will slowly..." I think back to him in the building. "Never mind you're fucked." Four chuckles. 

"What an optimist you are." I nod with a smile. I think back to when we were talking in the simulation, how he had gotten so worked up over an aptitude result. 

"So, why do you hate the aptitude tests so much?" Four rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. 

"Does it matter?" I shrug. 

"I would like to know, but it doesn't matter." There was still something stirring in the back of my head. The thought that maybe he was Divergent. I wasn't sure if I wanted him to be, it would be nice to have someone else, but...

I nearly got thrown into the chasm just for being better. What would people think if they knew that I was better than every faction to the point I couldn't fit in. It would be a mess. 

We stop at the bottom of the path and the bottom of the chasm. Four starts walking over the rocks in the chasm, they were sharp, thin, and completely unexpected. When I thought I had one, Four would tap my foot over to a different spot. I looked down at my feet, watching carefully not really caring to be swept away by the tide. He finds a some what flat rock and sits down with his legs dangling over. There wasn't much current here, so I didn't have to worry about that. 

My hand is let go. I look down at the running water, smashing against the rocks we were just walking across moments ago. I sit down beside him, there wasn't much water here, but there was enough to soak my lower back and my jeans. "There are things I don't tell people, you know. Not even my friends." I nod. This was the greatest place for anything big to be said. No one can hear us, or see us. "My result was as expected, Abnegation." My face drops slightly, it would have been nice, but it's okay. 

When I first saw Four, I thought he was the meaning of Dauntless, I guess I was wrong. I was told I was Amity first, then my others. It could have happened to him. I look over at him. "But Dauntless. That is where you decided to be?" 

"Out of necessity." I understood. Abnegation and Dauntless never got along easily. 

"Is this why Dauntless leadership was out of the question? Your dad?" He does a small shrug. 

"That, and I've always felt that I don't quite belong among the Dauntless. Not the way they are now, anyway." I sigh and smile. 

"I remember going to the fences for the first time. I was ten, I had only ever really seen Erudite around." Four turned and looked at me. "I remember seeing the Dauntless soldiers patrolling, letting people in and out, checking the carriages. I thought it was amazing, I knew the factions but I hadn't seen the fighters yet. It was so.... different compared to what people had said. Dauntless were meant to be mean and yet, they were so gentle with everything they touched." I look at the running water. "I get what you mean by they have changed, six years is an awful long time. And I didn't want to believe it when I came here, but I started accepting it, I still am." I look over at Four. "But you know, you are incredible, and I mean it. You could change this whole faction if you wanted to."