Killer

I look at my plate of food as I twirl around my fork. The heat of the lights burned the back of my neck making me uncomfortable. It was something I was used to, that didn't meant that it wasn't annoying. A bell rang in the back of my head making me want to stand up and move. I raised my eyebrow as I heard chairs move and footsteps disperse down a hallway. I stayed sat as I fought the feeling of moving. Looking up and around I noticed that my eyes were heavy, I felt sleepy. I shook my head and stood up. I didn't bother to look where I was, I couldn't focus anyway. I stumbled my way towards the hallway that the noise had cascaded down.

I placed my hand on the wall to steady myself. Feeling the bumps and outings of every brick as I tried to think of where I had to go. I stopped for a moment as a pounding feeling entered my head. I looked around at the white walls and tried to find a sign to figure out where I was. I had to squint my eyes, the lights were too bright, it burned. I shimmied off my robe and let it fall to the ground leaving me in a nightie. That didn't help as the heat now had more place to roam. I groaned as I started to walk again and find a place to sit. My ear twitched as I heard a sound, it was faraway but it was getting closer in an even rhythm. It sounded like a boot.

I looked over my shoulder and narrowed my eyes as my heart beat faster. Why am I scared? Where am I? I stopped for a second as I thought. Have I been here before? I looked around. It all seemed so familiar. I knelt down and picked up the fluffy robe that was bleach white. I turned it around in my hands as I found the tag.

ID: 9276
Patient: Y/n L/n
E.H. Institution

My eyes widened as I looked up to where the footsteps were coming from. "Oh god." I mumbled. I stumbled up and kicked off the smooth tiles as much as I could with my bare feet as I ran down the hallways taking the first turn I could. I needed to know the time. There were no clocks in here, I should have a watch. Why don't I have a watch?! I came to an intersection and stopped as I looked around. I went to run forward when I noticed a shadow turning the corner. I bit my lip and ran to the right. I kept my breathing in line with my steps as I listened for any guards. I had to figure out where I had to be, or hide till next period. Was there this many intersections last time? I stopped in another and ran my hands through my hair. I can't get cut off, I'll be screwed. I listened closely as I tried to slow my breathing.

Why am I back here? Did I do something during training? Did I hurt someone again? I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry.

I felt a lump in my throat as I looked around. I pushed off my foot and ran to the left. I wasn't sure where any guards were. So I was at a disadvantage. A big one. A red flash caught my eye making me look over my shoulder while I ran. A camera? But there's only cameras at the-

My thoughts got interrupted as I ran back into the cafeteria. "What?" I stopped running as I walked the rest of the way in. I ran away from here. I ran to the other side of the institution. How am I back here? How am I back here?! "I ran in goddamn circles!" I stomped on the ground as I grabbed at my hair and felt tears prickle at the corner of my eyes. A buzzing sound filled the cafeteria making me look at the far wall. A movie started to play.

Two girls no older than fourteen were fighting. They both were smiling and laughing, it must have just been a play fight. One girl had beautiful short ginger hair and green eyes. She was wearing Erudite clothes. The other had H/l H/c hair and E/c eyes and was wearing Amity clothing.

I crossed my arms as I took a seat. Why does this look familiar?

They both fooled around as people passed giving them weird looks. The ginger threw a punch causing the H/t to stumble back. She laughed easily shrugging it off before taking a defensive stance again. The ginger advanced towards her again and the E/c eyed girl ducked down swiping her legs out from under her.