"Shoot me"

I take a deep breath, my neck popping as I roll it. I am ready. It was weird standing in the middle of an empty room, knowing people were watching me. They could see my reactions but not the fear. But Eric could see the simulation. I slowed my breathing and tried to make it that the thought didn't become a fear. 

The room slowly changed around me as wind began to whip around my face. My heart stopped as the floor underneath me left. My eyes flicked up as I saw a glint of metal. I immediately grabbed it, feeling my hand almost slip, I reached up and grabbed it with the other. I sigh as I hold myself for a moment. Chills ran up my spine as water smashed into my back causing me to squeal. I blink fast and look down at the Chasm. 

I stop and think, Dauntless, I have to be Dauntless.  My eyes narrow as I climb up the ramp, it slowly began to grow. Another splash against my back. One rung, grow, splash. I groan and look at my hands, which were becoming soaked. I wouldn't be able to hang on much longer. My eye twitched as I swung my body till my legs hit the bottom of the bridge, I smirked and arched my back trying to catch the rungs. 

I miss and do it again, more momentum this time. The rung hits off the top of my trainers and I miss again. I kick, keeping my momentum, while removing my shoes. When one comes off and falls into the Chasm which had started to rise, I swing and arch my back hearing it pop. I groan and push my arms upwards and slip my foot into the rung. Twisting it so my foot faced downwards as I used the last of my momentum to turn my body and look down at the Chasm. I take a deep breath as I use my feet as stabilisers and my arms to push upwards. My breathing become ragged as I push more of my body into the rung, my left hand slips making me wince as my rib hits the cold bar. I grab the rung around my head and push myself through, sitting on the bridge. I laugh slightly as I rub the sweat off of my head. 

The room quickly begins to change as the walls looked like they were popping out and spinning, like small screens. I continue to sit before something whizzed past my ear. My head swivelled and looked around. I was inside, still on the bridge of the Chasm, but everything was normal again. My shoe was back, my clothes weren't wet and I could no longer feel the unwanted touch of the bar. 

I stood up slowly as I kept looking around. Another thing whizzed past my ear making me spin on my heel to see a small dot flying away. My eyes widened as I saw one of the openings to the bridge slowly become darker. The buzzing got louder before I felt a small pain on my arm. I slapped it quickly and pulled back my hand to see a wasp twitching. My heart began to race again as my blood began to feel like lead. 

"Oh fu-!" The buzzing ran towards me as I spun on my heel and ran through the other opening, taking the first left. I kept my breathing in pace with my running, foot on the ground, breathe in, foot on the ground, breathe out. I focused more on that than where I was going, till I ended up in the cafeteria which only had one way in and one way out. I slowed to a stop as my face fell.

My eyes flicked all around the room, knowing I wouldn't find anything, but still trying. I take a deep breath and run my hands through my hair. I couldn't let them catch me, I couldn't give up. 

"I can't be a coward." I quickly look towards the meal stations, they must be cooked somewhere close. My mind began to race as I thought. I had never seen the cooks bring food down, even when I went for a morning run. The cafeteria always smelled like freshly baked goods. The kitchen was in here somewhere. I ran my hands along the walls, speeding up as the buzzing began to echo through the hallways. I must have lost them in the twisting corridors or they would have been on me by now

I slowly began to give up as I ran around the entire room, rethinking my thought process. I'm going to fail. I'm going to be factionless. My body began to shake. The cafeteria was empty, and for once, I wish it was bustling like it always was. The buzzing got closer and began to reverberate through my mind as my anxiety began to climb.