Hanging

My side slightly ached as I used my elbow and fist to punch the punching bag. I could feel the slightest pull making me stop hitting halfway through my commitment. Sighing, I held my rib and looked over at the ring, Will and Al were fighting, Al clearly didn't want to. Will was landing hits but they weren't that strong but they were fast. I didn't like analysing the fights that much, I didn't like seeing people getting hurt as badly as they were. Dauntless was about bravery, now it was about violence. My eyes flickered over to Eric as he was the one enforcing the rules, he loved it.

I found it more helpful to analyse people while they were training, you can figure out more of their weaknesses there. That's where they analyse themselves and sort out their techniques. It didn't help to look at people in the ring, if they lost, they clearly didn't know what was wrong with themselves to better anything.

"She's got a death wish." I looked at Christina who was talking to me. She nudged her head towards Tris who was talking to Four. Four was helping Tris with her stance, telling her to do something.

"He's not that bad," I nodded towards Eric. "Better than him." She smiled and nodded.

"That's true. How's your rib holding up?" I shrugged.

"Better than yesterday. I figured out how to get up and down off the bed. Thats progress." She smiled and laughed. I chuckled and looked down while I shook my head. I looked towards the ranking board with a frown. Christina vs Molly
Daniel vs Max
Y/n vs Peter
Tris vs Drew

"I'm against the tank?" She had a smirk on her face as she looked at the names. I shook my head as I looked at her and back to Molly. I know that me and Christina are roughly the same height and that she could possibly take her, but Molly was exactly that, a tank.

"You might want to be careful with her," She raised an eyebrow. My eyebrows were furrowed. I was honestly quite worried about that matchup. I didn't want Christina to get seriously hurt, she didn't seem like the kind to fight a lot and from one fight I got a fractured rib.

"It's fine," She smiled at me. A bang rang through the arena as Will fell to the ground. My face drained of colour as Al knocked him out cold.

"Holy shit." I mumbled. Christina's mouth was slightly agape. I put a hand on her shoulder. "You're up next. She tensed her shoulder before she swings, her dominant is her right, she mostly uses that one, she will always aim for the face, she doesn't keep her legs or stomach gau-"

"Next up, Molly and Christina!" Eric shouted. Al pulled up Will and began to walk off leaving Molly so walk up.

"Be careful." I warned. She smiled with a hint of confusion in her eyes.

"Okay." She patted my shoulder and walked away, leaving my hand to fall.

My hands felt clammy and sweaty. I rubbed my palms against my leggings, but no matter how many times I did, they still felt moist. "How do you think she'll do?" I turned and saw Tris. I shrugged. But the pounding of my heart already gave my answer. I heard a door close and looked around.

"Where's Four?" She looked around with me before her eyes widened in panic.

"Oh god." My eyes flicked towards Eric. I immediately wanted Christina to win. Oh how I wanted her to win. I knew it was selfish to want someone to lose twice in a row, but I didn't want her to lose while Eric was here. I didn't want anyone to lose while Eric was here.

I watch Christina carefully and felt my eyes move before I can comprehend my own movement. I watch as her leg tenses and lifts to kick Molly in the side causing her to gasp and grit her teeth. I smirked. I didn't want to be too close to the stage in case if something bad happened, I didn't want to see it, but I wanted to be close so I could help. Al shows up beside us but I don't have it in me to congratulate or acknowledge him. I get a bad feeling in my stomach as I think about my advice to Christina.