"You ready?"

Amity, a formal word that means 'friendly relations'. The faction resembled that completely. For most anyway. After initiation was over, or almost over, there would be congratulations, even to the ones that wouldn't pass. A small gathering where there was a feast, equal servings, and a truth serum drink, courtesy of Candor. The ending feast was actually the end of the initiation, Amity and Candor only got along during that time. 

The Dauntless were completely different, not to my surprise. It was a party. Everyone was rowdy. Someone had fucked around the Chasm and from how he held his leg, I could only guess he had broken it. My rib healed faster than I thought it would, even with the 'setback'. 

I walked into the dormitory and spotted Tris staring at her food. I glanced at it; plain chicken, peas, and brown bread. Abnegation food. "Got more than me at least." She looked over her shoulder and looked at my plate. Another salad. 

"You haven't eaten much, since we got here." I nod. 

"Not hungry." Our conversation went stale as I sat on Molly's bed and began to eat. The tomato's tasted fuller, the lettuce was more crunchy and the cucumber was more refreshing. Even the cooks must be in a good mood. 

"It's scary." I hum. "How many people out there are cheering for new members." I nod. "How many-"

"Eight. You, me, Peter, Christina, Max, Daniel, Will, and Molly." I look at my salad. Everyone was partying and I couldn't stop thinking about what me and Tobias found out yesterday. Divergents were in danger and I couldn't do anything, yet. I look up at Tris. "How are you planning on finishing initiations?" 

"We will know we are in the simulation, so it will be easier to hide it." I nod. "Does the screen glitch for you?" I nod again. I look up and think about the commands and how they plan to control us somehow. It could be a simulation, that would be smart, Divergence can deflect a simulation. I take a deep breath. 

"Erudite are planning a war." Tris whips around and stares at me. 

"What?"

"And they've convinced someone in Dauntless to help. Possibly all of Dauntless." She continues to look at me. "They are scoping for Divergents, they have commands laid out, and some contraptions. If this is what is happening," I look up at her. "If anyone acts weird, you have to do what they do."

"What are you talking about?" 

"Erudite know that Divergents can escape simulations, I have a theory that, that is how they will do it. A simulation that all of us are linked to. Like when we done the training. Any Divergent will be able to resist, and we can't let that happen." My heart begins to pound. "I don't know how, or why. But something will be off." 

"How do you know this?" 

"Tobias showed me the Erudite headquarters and told me he had found plans. I pieced it together from there." 

"My father was right." I nod. I look at her food which had barely been touched. 

"Eat up. If this does happen soon, we can't have you acting out just because you didn't eat." I began to climb my bed. 

"How sure are you of this?" I sit on top and lay my head to the pillow. 

"Ten percent, and that's good enough for me." I began to doze off before my head fell to my shoulder. 

My eyes snap open. It's cold. The floor is hard. I knew I wasn't in my room and that I was somewhere else. I sat up and looked around. I was in one of the halls of the compound. I looked down at my clothing, shorts and a sports bra. 'This is familiar'. 

My eyes narrowed as I began to walk down the halls. My bare feet stuck to the concrete and would come off with an unflattering sound. I looked around each corridor, tracing my steps. I didn't know where I was thinking of going. But I did remember this night fairly. 

I noticed blonde hair staring around a corner. "Tris?" She looked behind her in fright before calming down and looking back around. "Tris?" She didn't turn this time. I look down the corridor where we were dragged and no one was there. I straighten back up and look down that hallway where Tris was staring. 

"Don't forget why I had Max appoint you," The whispers got louder as I continued to walk down the hallway. My eyebrow raised as I listened to the night be repeated. I looked around the corner and saw short blonde hair, accompanied by a blue suit. In front of her was a man I had come to despise. I listened to them fight for a second before their heads flipped towards me. 

"Someone is here." Eric whispered. 

"Y/n." I groaned and slapped away the hand. "Y/n." I look up and see Christina smiling at me. "It's time to go. I nod and sit up. I quickly wipe my eyes and follow everyone up to the fear simulation room. My mind raced as I tried to remember my dream, I could see the bodies, but I couldn't see the faces. But I knew that I knew them. I wasn't worried about the test, I was worried that person talking to, who I could only guess was Jeanine, watching me. 

I hold my head as people started to go into the simulation. The leaders observed the simulation with wires strapped to their heads. I leaned on the wall as I patiently waited my turn, and used this time to figure out my dream.

I could picture the body vividly, and I had seen it somewhere. I looked around the room and met eyes with Tobias, I nod towards him and keep scanning the room. I pass someone and my mind tells me to look back, it starts to scream as I go farther away. I look back at the person and my stomach drops. "I should have known." I whispered. 

"That you would get kicked out?" I roll my eyes. 

"Fuck off Daniel. I don't need you here right now." I hated seeing Daniel, even if I didn't see him much anymore. I hadn't seen Max in a long time either and he wasn't here now. I would like to, at least, wish him luck. 

"You act like I hurt you." 

"You lied to me."

"I never lied to you." 

"Well, you never told the truth." Daniel looks at me from the corner of his eyes. The green eyes were something that I thought looked so kind, so Amity, now I knew they weren't. 

"What do you think you will see?" The conversation went to normal quickly. We hadn't talked in a while, and when we did it was hostile. And I knew why it wasn't now, we were both scared. 

"Falling, abandonment, stung to death and..." I shrug. I remember having a fear of attacking someone and killing them, but that wasn't a fear anymore really. That slowly changed into something less when I went into Tobias' landscape. "You?"

"I don't know. My tests were all over the place." My lips thin as I nod. "Think anyone here is Divergent?" My heart slows as my eyes widen. 

"What?" 

"Divergent?" My breathing quickens as my blood turns cold. 

"Why are you asking?" He shrugs. 

"Just wondering." I try to keep my eyes normal and hold my body back from shaking. 

"Where's Max?" My voice quivered as I looked to the door. 

"Haven't seen him." I start to feel sick as my mind races. The word 'liar' runs through, over and over and over again. I nod as my stomach twists. My head sways slightly before I'm tapped on the shoulder. 

I look up and Eric is staring down at me. "You're up." I nod and make my way to the room, no one else had stood up to go yet, making me think that rankings matter. I stare at the door before stepping into the room. Eric holds my neck to the side,  softer than I would have imagined before sticking a needle in. I thought he would have broken my neck the first shot he had gotten. "You ready?" 

1381 words. I'm going to start making this go by the chapter in the books so that it will last longer and I won't get stressed with long chapters. - Hollie