Truth

I played with my hands as I sat beside Will, Christina and Al. We all talked in hushed voices as to not wake up Tris before she needed to. I placed one leg up on my seat and leaned on it. "Do you think she can do it?" Will asked. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised as Christina hummed. Al wasn't paying close attention as he seemed more nervous than usual. "Initiation."

I shrugged my shoulders and sighed. "If she pushed herself enough she could. You have to remember, she grew up in Abnegation, this is really new to her." I defended. He nodded and looked down at his lap. My eyes narrowed slightly as I thought. She could do it. But does she want to? That's the difference with everyone here, it's down to the ones who really want to prove themselves.
I decided to change the subject. "Did you guys get tattoos?" They looked at me and nodded.

"What about you? We heard you went with Daniel and..." Al searched for the name.

"Adam," He nodded as I smiled. "Yeah, I did." I lent back in my chair as it all went quiet again. I knew we were all thinking the same thing. Could Tris pass initiation? As much as I wanted to believe she could, she wasn't making a good argument for herself. Tris stirred slightly, almost like she could tell we were thinking about her.

She didn't wake up though. But I had a feeling she was awake. I sighed and looked away. "I'm gonna grab us all something for dinner, what you guys wanting?" They all told me their orders before I walked out. Tris was practically black and blue, it was different. Normally I would be there when someone picked a fight with her, but now I couldn't do anything. I was a protective type, I always had been. It irked me when I couldn't help someone, even if I did pick fights with a lot of people, it still annoyed me.

I stood in the line with a bored look on my face. But I wasn't bored. I looked around the cafeteria, everyone was socialising and having fun with their friends or family. Family. I started to think about what my mum was up to. Whenever she had nothing to do or if something was bothering her she would do a huge chore spree, it kind of scared me to think she was doing that while I wasn't there, I didn't want her to hurt herself.

"What can I get you?" I looked at the lunch lady with a smile. I put in my four orders and explained three were for friends. Luckily she let me grab theirs. "You're the number one initiate right?" People are still talking about that?

"Yes ma'am." She handed me my food and gave me an extra piece of cake.

"You'll need your energy." I thanked her and smiled before walking away. It was kind of difficult to walk with four trays, but I made it work. That was until someone came up and took two.

"He-!" I stopped as I saw Daniel. My eyes narrowed and I began to ignore him. I walked over to our usual table. Fours tray was where it usually was, but I couldn't see him anywhere.

"Can we talk?" I ignored him and sat down placing the trays in everyone's respected places. I took the two trays from Daniel and avoided eye contact with him.
"Y/n." I refused to answer him as I began to eat my salad. I was happy I had gotten the two pieces of cake, the salad gave me energy, but it wasn't very filling. "Y/n why are you ignoring me?" I looked up at him with my fork in my mouth. I tilted my head and scoffed while shaking my head. Christina and Will came over and sat down. I could tell from their faces that they could feel the tension.

"How's Tris?" I asked turning towards them.

"She's good." Christina answered wearily. She eyed me and Daniel while Will just looked down and ate. "Thanks for getting our food." I nodded. Four sat down beside me like usual and nodded towards everybody before eating. Christina choked on her food making her hand fly up to her mouth. She leaned over to me and began whispering. "Did he just not ignore us?" Her eyes were widened and I slightly chuckled as I realised Four could probably hear this. "Y/n. What is happening?"