Chapter 7

Every school was buzzing about the Yule Ball. The ball was in two weeks and everyone was extremely excited. 

The girls talked about what they were going to wear and who they wanted to be asked by. The boys were all trying to decide who they wanted to go with.

Riley was hoping that Harry would ask her. It had been two weeks since the ball was announced and a couple of boys had asked her but she declined. 

Draco Malfoy had also asked her multiple times bribing her with chocolates and beautiful red roses. She had taken the sweets and flowers and declined harshly.

Hazel had gotten asked by George and accepted happily. Amira had gotten asked by Neville and they were going as friends. 

"How are you dateless, Riles?" Amira had asked her. Hazel and she were sitting on Riley's bed with the blanket tossed over them.

"I told you I wanted Harry to ask me but he has his eye on Cho Chang," Riley hugged her pillow.

"Screw him! You have gotten asked by so many guys. Draco Malfoy asked you five times!" Hazel encouraged.

"Yeah but I like Harry and I'm not going to go to the ball with an idiot like Draco," Riley said, shuddering at the thought of herself going with Draco.

"And he's stupid to not like you, just wait he'll be all over you when he matures," Amira hugged Riley.

"Okay, but unless a nice guy asks me to this ball I'm going dateless," Riley plopped herself on her bed.

"Riley, Marcus Stark the most popular senior at Ilvermorny asked you out and you said no, what is wrong with you!" Hazel scolded.

"It's too late, he already has a date with Maddie, and he's like eighteen so that's borderline problematic," the blonde American exclaimed.

"Well, maybe Noah will ask you," Amira spoke positively, her soft eyes lighting up.

 "I guess, it just hurts that Harry likes someone else, I wish he looked at me the way he looks at Cho," Riley sighed as she thought of the green-eyed boy staring dreamily at the beautiful Ravenclaw.

Cho Chang put a strand of her long black hair behind her ear and giggled as pink dusted her already rosy cheeks.

"He's an idiot," Hazel said.

"Totally," Amira agreed.

"I love you guys," Riley hugged them both.

....

A few days later Ron, Hermione, Harry, Riley, Amira, Hazel, and Noah all sat by the Black Lake working on their homework quietly.

"Look it's Krum!" Noah said interrupting everyone from their work as they all glanced up at the muscular Bulgarian who was exercising.

He had a lot of girls chasing after him, giggling.

"Bloody hell, how did he get all of them!" Ron said in awe which made Riley slap him.

"He's a strong Quidditch player apparently some girls like that," Hazel said without taking her eyes off of the textbook she was reading.

Krum glanced at all of them for a second but turned his attention onto Hermione Granger who blushed.

Ron and Harry looked at each other for a split second in confusion why Krum would be looking at their best friend. 

"Ooh looks like Krum has a little crush on you, Mione," Riley whispered as she poked Hermione's waist.

"Hush, no he doesn't," Hermione slapped Riley with her textbook.

"Sure," Riley whistled before rubbing her elbow from where she had been hit.