Chapter 19

Once they returned to Hogwarts, Theo, and Riley became inseparable. Theo was an amazing friend and what made him even better was that he wasn't part of the Inquisitorial Squad. So, Riley confided in him about her involvement with Dumbledore's Army.

Theo didn't react much to the revelation, simply shrugging his shoulders and admitting that he had suspected something was going on. He assured Riley that he wouldn't breathe a word to anyone, keeping her secret safe.

With Riley spending more time with Theo, Draco Malfoy started keeping his distance from her. It seemed that being in Theo's company acted as a barrier to Malfoy's taunts and suggestive whispers.

Wanting to avoid the sight of Harry and Cho Chang as a couple, Riley intentionally distanced herself from Harry. They would often spot Harry and Cho engaged in passionate kisses, be it in the libraries or the secluded hallways. To shield herself from the discomfort, Riley sought the company of Theo and their friend Millicent.

Harry couldn't help but notice Riley's newfound distance and felt a mix of confusion and jealousy. He couldn't deny the attention that Theo was receiving from Riley, and it sparked a sense of envy in him.

Cho Chang was nice and beautiful but all she would talk about was her problems and kiss him.

When Harry told Hazel and Hermione this they smacked his head. It was just the girls besides Riley with him in the Gryffindor common room.

"What do you think I do to George? I tell him my problems and kiss him!" Hazel exclaimed, her voice filled with playful exasperation.

Harry raised his hand in mock defense, a mischievous grin playing on his lips. "Yeah, but you two have a special connection. You're both funny, you play pranks together, and, well, you know..." He trailed off, earning himself another playful slap from Hazel.

Amira, lounging on a blood-red sofa in the Gryffindor common room, chimed in with a casual shrug. "All girls are different, Harry. Just because Hazel and George have a certain dynamic doesn't mean every relationship works the same way."

Harry scratched his neck awkwardly, realizing his comparison might not have been the best. "Yeah, well, Cho just seems a bit bland compared to..."

"Compared to who?" Hermione interrupted, her tone tinged with suspicion.

Harry hesitated, feeling caught. "Oh, nobody," he replied, attempting to brush it off.

Hermione scoffed lightly as she settled down next to Harry. "There's clearly someone you're thinking about, Harry. Don't try to deny it."

Harry let out a sigh of resignation. "It's too late," he admitted, a touch of sadness in his voice.

Amira moved closer and sat beside him. "It's Riley, isn't it?" she asked, her voice gentle.

Harry nodded, adjusting his glasses. "Yeah, but it's obvious she's madly in love with Nott."

Hazel interjected, her eyes widening with excitement. "I don't think so, Harry! She actually told us that she likes you!"

Harry's jaw dropped, stunned by the revelation. "Really?" he asked, his eyes darting between the three girls in front of him, searching for confirmation.

"Yes but Harry, you're currently with Cho. It's important that you treat her well," Amira stated, her voice filled with earnest concern.

Harry let out a quiet sigh, his thoughts lingering on the captivating image of Riley's beautiful blonde hair and mischievous smile that never failed to drive him crazy. "Yeah, I know. I should've chosen Riley," he muttered under his breath.