Chapter 45

The four lay on the ground in front of their tent panting. The sky was cloudy and the blue in it turned a gray color.

Harry helped Riley up.

"Are you okay, darling?" Harry asked as he wiped some blood off of the American's cheek.

"That treacherous old bleeder! Is there no one we can trust!" Ron kicked a stone.

"It's not his fault, Ron," Riley crossed her arms.

"They've kidnapped Luna because he supported me. He was just desperate," Harry said sadly.

Ron said nothing and spat on the floor clearing the grit from his teeth.

Hermione peered over by the river.

The raging force of it was gone and now it was gentle and there wasn't much sound coming from it. The trees were eerily silent.

"I'll do the protection spells," Riley took out her wand.

Hermione raised her hand stopping the blonde. Her eyes went wide and her breath quickened.

Snatchers.

Scabior, the leader of the Snatchers smiled evilly as Hermione's missing red scarf dangled from his wand.

He pressed it to his nose and inhaled the scent of her perfume sighing.

"Hello, beautiful," he looked at Hermione in a predatory way.

"Shit," Riley mumbled as Harry grabbed her hand and the four dashed into the forest.

"Snatch them!" Scabior told the other Snatchers who immediately ran after them.

The four ran quickly through the trees.

Hermione was as fast as the wind as Scabior pursued her.

Harry darted through the river. From the corner of his eye, he saw Snatchers coming up from behind him.

Riley gripped her wand tightly a cast a quick "Stupefy" stunning a Snatcher that had almost pulled her back by the hair.

The sky became dark as night came and ropes of light filled the night.

Ron stumbled on a tree stump and quickly regained his footing before a Snatcher could take him.

Harry came up from behind Riley and took her hand.

They paused in the middle of a clearing.

Suddenly spells came from around the clearing making it explode in a loud bang.

Hermione and Ron joined them.

The brunette girl crouched behind Harry and stripped his glasses from his face as her wand glowed a white light that struck his face making him fall to the floor.

Suddenly Harry was gliding through a fortress and was swept into a room that had a skeletal figure lying down with a ragged blanket draped over his legs.

Grindelwald.

"Ah, Tom, I thought you would come one day. But surely you must know I no longer have what you seek," Grindelwald smiled his yellow teeth glinting as Voldemort appeared in front of him.

"If not you, then who?" Voldemort's voice was velvety.

"You're so innocent, Tom. Like a schoolboy. There's so much you don't understand," a playful smirk played on Grindelwald's lips.

"Tell me, Grindelwald. Tell me where to find it! Tell me who possesses it! The name, Grindelwald! The name!" Voldemort sneered.

"Can't you guess, Tom? It lies with him, of course. Buried within the earth. It is he who possesses it, even in death. Your old friend and mine... Dumbledore," Grindelwald laughed maniacally.