Chapter 46

Riley laid flat on the ground. She touched the ground and felt grainy sand. She heard waves crashing gently behind her. The seagulls cawed and she smelled the salty air.

Harry helped her up and then pulled her in for a desperate kiss.

They walked up to Hermione who was being cradled by Ron.

"Hermione. You're all right. We're safe. We're all safe," Harry rubbed Hermione's arm gently as she was still crying.

"Harry Potter," said a weak voice making everyone turn.

Dobby was holding his stomach which had a knife implanted in it.

Riley's vision became blurry with tears. This was like Noah all over again. Him being brutally murdered by Bellatrix.

"Dobby?" Harry's voice was soft as he ran up to Dobby who immediately fell into his arms.

Harry took the knife out of the house-elf's body.

Dobby's breath was shallow.

"Dobby. No, just... Hold on," Harry had tears leaking from his eyes.

"Hold on. Look, just hold on, okay? We'll fix you," Harry choked on his sobs as Riley walked up to him and crouched beside him.

"Hermione will have something. In your bag. Hermione? Hermione?" he asked his best friend who shook her head sobbing.

"What is it? Help me," the boy who lived's voice cracked and for the first time, Riley noticed how tired he was.

"Such a beautiful place...to be with friends," Dobby smiled which made Harry's heart break into a million pieces.

Riley stroked Dobby's face.

"Dobby is happy to be with his friend...Harry Potter," the elf stopped breathing and Harry broke down sobbing hard as Riley wrapped her arms around him.

Luna Lovegood bent down beside the two and used her thumb to wipe away Riley's tears.

"We should close his eyes. Don't you think?" Luna asked Harry who nodded vigorously.

Luna then gently placed her hand over Dobby's eyes and closed them.

"There. Now he could be sleeping," Luna said gently.

"I want to bury him. Properly. Without magic," he told his girlfriend and Luna who nodded.

Harry dug up a grave in the ground while Riley wrapped up Dobby's body in a white towel.

Her breath hitched as she felt Dobby's cold body.

Lifeless.

She handed the body to Harry who placed Dobby's body in the hole he dug up.

Harry and Riley then started covering the body back up with dirt.

Ron and Hermione stood behind them with her head on his shoulder.

For hours, Riley sat with Harry at the grave just watching the sea in the distance.

"Thank you for sitting with me," Harry wiped his tears away and he looked into his beautiful girlfriend's ocean blue eyes. Her face had matured over the years and she had become even more beautiful with age. She had taken a shower that morning and Harry could smell the vanilla shampoo.

 He looked down at her hand which was adorned by the flower ring he had given her.

His heart swelled.

"I'm always gonna be here for you, Haz," Riley said inching closer to him.

"Riley, I've been thinking that you being with me is dangerous and I don't want to risk your life," Harry looked sad.