Chapter 32

Once everyone got back to Hogwarts, Hermione and Ron's friendship was still on pause as Ron and Lavender were still dating.

Hermione was livid with Harry and Riley for their reckless behavior at the Burrow.

"It's so easy for them to get to you. You're bloody lucky you weren't killed. You have to realize who you are, Harry! And Riley, why would you run into the fire after him!" Hermione sighed.

Hazel stood awkwardly beside them, attempting to calm Hermione down.

"I won't calm down, Hazel! What they did was foolish!" Hermione seethed, her frustration causing spittle to fly.

"I know it was stupid, Hermione, alright. Sorry," Harry said.

"Yeah sorry," Riley apologized.

"Lav, come on. Of course, I'll wear it," Ron assured Lavender, who excitedly jumped up and clapped her hands.

"She's so sweet," Riley nudged Hazel, who nodded in agreement.

"That's my Won-Won," Lavender beamed, leaping onto Ron's back with an overly enthusiastic grin, despite Ron's annoyance.

"Excuse me, I need to go and vomit," Hermione rolled her eyes, swiftly turning away.

"Hermione needs to get over this. She's acting like a bitch. Lavender is such a nice girl," Riley shook her head softly.

"To be honest, I don't think they'll become friends because she also likes Ron. But the least Hermione could do is be civil to her," Hazel shrugged.

"Yeah, I agree," Harry nodded.

A young Ravenclaw with curly brown hair and innocent, bright blue eyes approached Harry and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Um, excuse me, but Professor Dumbledore wants to see you in his office," the boy said, glancing nervously at Harry.

"Alright, thanks," Harry nodded at the boy, who quickly walked away to join his friends, engaging in excited chatter about what had just transpired.

"I'll be back soon," Harry assured Riley before planting a swift kiss on her lips and rushing towards Dumbledore's office.

Riley let out a dreamy sigh as she watched her charming boyfriend go.

"You never catch a break, do you?" Hazel playfully nudged her friend.

"Nope, but I am a sucker for action," Riley grinned as she stared after Harry.

....

"Hello Harry," Dumbledore said as Harry entered the office.

"Professor," Harry nodded politely while gently stroking Dumbledore's pet phoenix, Fawkes, on the head.

"I summoned you today because I wanted to show you another memory," Dumbledore motioned for Harry to approach the familiar bowl of blue liquid.

"Whose memory is this, Professor?" Harry inquired respectfully.

"You will soon find out," the older man replied as Harry immersed his head into the bowl.

The surroundings transformed into a classroom adorned with a large dining table. Seated around it were a few boys and a younger-looking Professor Slughorn.

"I must say, you possess an impressive source of information. More knowledgeable than half of the staff, you are," Slughorn chuckled while glancing at a boy with dark wavy hair and green eyes—Tom Riddle, who exuded charm in his suit.

"Sir, is it true that Professor Merrythought is retiring?" the boy inquired.

"Tom, even if I knew, I couldn't tell you, could I? By the way, thank you for the pineapple. You were right; it is my favorite. But how did you know?" Slughorn asked Tom.