Chapter 8

A month and a half had passed since the Yule Ball and the second task was drawing nearer and nearer. 

Ron and Hermione had made peace with each other only to ease Harry who was stressing about the second task. He still hadn't found out what the clue from the egg was. 

At the moment, Harry was peering over the mountains that hid Hogwarts with Riley and Hermione. 

After the Yule Ball, Riley had become much closer to him. He always felt awkward whenever she would come up to him and hug him or show affection to him. 

A month before, Noah had admitted his feelings for Riley to Harry, and being loyal to Noah he tried his hardest to avoid her affection.

"Harry you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now!" Hermione said worriedly.

"Really? I had no idea. I suppose Viktor's already figured it out," Harry muttered.

"I wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually, we didn't really talk at all, Viktor's more of a physical being," Hermione raised her eyebrows as she spoke which caused Riley to snort. 

Harry grinned at the blonde's reaction.

"I just mean he's not particularly... mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually,"

"Sounds like a stalker to me," Riley sang which caused her brunette friend to slap her arm.

"You are trying to figure this egg out aren't you?" Hermione asked Harry who was staring off into the blue sky.

"What's that supposed to mean?" the chosen one turned his attention to his best friend.

"I mean these tasks are supposed to test you, in the most brutal way they're almost cruel. And um, I'm scared for you. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve, I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time," Hermione told him.

"Great pep talk, Mione, I could never," Riley told the two as they all shared a good laugh.

"Hey Potter, Granger, Madden," Cedric Diggory ran up to Harry.

"Cedric," Harry nodded at him.

"How are you?" The handsome Hufflepuff asked Harry who looked surprised.

"Spectacular," Harry answered, looking at Riley and Hermione in confusion.

"Look I realize I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons," Cedric gave him a winning smile.

"Forget about it. I'm sure you would have done the same for me," Harry tried walking away but Cedric grabbed his arm gently.

"Exactly. You know the prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor?" Cedric asked the Gryffindor.

Harry nodded.

"It's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water," Cedric whispered in his ear and then ran off to catch up with his Hufflepuff friends.

Riley and Hermione walked up to him.

"Have you found out anything?" Riley asked him cocking her head to the side.

"I think so? Although I'm slightly confused," Harry grinned.

"I'll be right back," the boy who lived ran to the Gryffindor common room making Riley and Hermione glance at each other in a puzzled manner.

"So now that it's just us have you and Vitork kissed at all?" Riley asked Hermione whose cheeks immediately flamed.

"Maybe...once, like a week ago he brought me all of my necessary books from the library and it just happened," she looked down, her cheeks pink.