Chapter 27

Riley sat on Hazel's bed in the Gryffindor dorms reading her newest edition of the Vogue Magazine. 

Hermione sat on her own bed reading a book while Ginny painted her nails black on a table. Meanwhile, Hazel rummaged through the closet, getting rid of old clothes.

"So, Riley are you gonna try out for quidditch?" Hazel asked the blonde who looked up from her magazine.

"First of all Theo is on the Slytherin team so no and second of all I asked the team captain Flint about it and he laughed in my face and said I couldn't because I'm a woman," Riley growled.

"This is misogyny at its finest," Hazel let out a scoff.

"Oh, come on. You could totally take his ass down with just a snap," Ginny retorted, rolling her eyes as she finished painting her nails.

"Absolutely. In fact, I'm going to prove it by helping the Gryffindor team," Riley announced with a self-assured grin, running her hand through her hair.

"Badass," Ginny praised her.

Hermione interjected, "You do realize who the team captain is, right?"

Riley groaned. "Here we go again."

"It's obvious that he likes you," Hazel pointed out as she hung up a dress.

"That's cute. Are you planning to wear that for George?" Riley attempted to steer the conversation away.

Ignoring her comment, Hazel walked over to Riley and smacked the back of her head. 

"Stop changing the subject. Harry is nice, obviously has a crush on you, and you like him too."

"And if it doesn't work out, you know where to find me." Ginny chimed in, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Gin, you're dating someone!" Riley burst into laughter.

"It's always good to keep your options open," Ginny shrugged, sending the blonde a wink.

"He can't take his eyes off you," Hazel recalled, prompting the redhead to snort.

"Seriously, Riles, how do you not notice?" Hermione asked, running her hand through her curly hair.

"Look, I just broke up with someone two weeks ago. I think I need a break from men," Riley explained, to which Ginny raised her eyebrows suggestively.

"Ginny I'm straight-" Riley truthfully spoke.

"Whatever, I think you and Harry have a serious connection. There is constant blushing and eye sex between you two," Hazel said.

"Eye sex?" Hermione questioned with a slight gasp.

"I mean yeah," Hazel raised her arms in agreement while Hermione looked disturbed, causing Ginny to burst into laughter.

"Look even if there is some connection between us I'm too emotionally exhausted to date a person at the time," Riley snuggled into Hazel's bed.

"Fine, but you better date him eventually," Hazel replied, joining her friend on the bed.

Riley put her head in her best friend's lap.

"Meh,"

"You'd better hurry though, I saw a lot of girls in the lavatory trying to make love potions for him," Hermione warned.

"Yeah, I got it, but right now I just wanna stay with my girls," Riley snuggled into Hazel's red Gryffindor sweatshirt.

....

A few days later, the Gryffindor Quidditch tryouts took place under gloomy skies, with a crowd of devoted Harry fans filling the stands.

Riley had been appointed as the coach of the Gryffindor team by Harry himself, recognizing her talent and expertise. Meanwhile, Ginny, renowned for her remarkable skills in the sport, was chosen as the team's co-captain.